PolyTrans: A powerful 3D scene, animation and NURBS translation tool
and its elder brother NuGraf
, are stand-alone programs which were written with one purpose in mind: to produce the most accurate, error
free and robust conversions between all 3D DCC
, VisSim and CAD file formats. PolyTrans
was the first such program to market
and hence has a long standing reputation of providing quality conversions as well as top notch technical support from its development team. The elder
program also provides for print quality photo-realistic rendering and more user interface controls for interactive scene composition.
- Very stong support for all major CAD file formats.
- Bidirectional conversions between all DCC (animation and digital content creation) programs.
- Tolerance-based, error-free animation conversion and top notch smooth skinned mesh skeleton conversion amongst 3ds Max,
Maya, LightWave, Softimage, Collada, FBX, DirectX, U3D, and more.
- Photo-realistic rendering, material editing, texture parameter editing and scene composition (ray-tracer in Okino's NuGraf only).
Handles very large CAD datasets.
- 'Document-centric' architecture, extensive user interface plug-in API, and 2D/3D import/export API. Excellent, built-in polygon reduction
- Integrated multi-media editor viewer (see 2D bitmap file format list below).
- NVIDIA & ATI (now AMD) real-time shader support, with third generation OpenGL support.
- Integration or converter modules from MAXON Cinema 4D, Act-3D (Quest-3D), CATS (Pytha), NGRAIN (3KO), VirTools/Realicon (NMO),
Visual Components (3DCreate) and others.
- Optimized since its inception to handle very large datasets, such as 500,000 node scenes and millions of polygons (most animation
programs can only handle 50,000 nodes).
- NuGraf only: Caustics, an amazing lens flare system sunlight calculator.
- An industry standard for plug-in converter SDK development. Third party developers can create 3D import/export converters, system plug-
ins, renderers and many more. Stable and completely refined. Used by dozens of leading 3D software companies.
- Complete list of features, file formats, brochures, user list and demos available on the Okino website.