Rhino 5 for Windows Upgrade
Educational Student Edition
Available for students and teachers
Rhino 5 for Windows Upgrade from previous versions
will upgrade from any Rhino 1.x, Rhino 2.0, 3.0, or Rhino 4.0 to Rhino 5.0
, the most significant upgrade in the history of Rhino 3D.
This is the upgrade from any Rhino 1.x, Rhino 2.0, 3.0, or Rhino 4.0 to Rhino 5.0
, the most significant upgrade in the history of Rhino3D.
We recommend to upgrade your old Rhino 1.x, Rhino 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0
to a brand new Rhino 5.0
in order to benefit from several improvements and new features introduces by Rhino 5.0
If you don't own an old Rhino 1.x, Rhino 2.0, 3.0, or Rhino 4.0 you can purchase a fresh new copy of Rhino 5.0
Reasons to Upgrade
- There are more than 3,500 enhancements in Rhino 5 for Windows that make Rhino faster, able to handle much larger models, the most stable version ever.
- Modeling Highlights
- Object creation in Rhino continues to be enhanced. In Rhino 5 for Windows there are dozens of refines to the existing tools, along with a few new commands and new extrusion objects.
- Editing Enhancements
- Editing complex model is faster and easier with hundreds of new and enhanced commands including: Direct sub-object manipulation, Thin-wall shelling, History support for more commands, Dozens of new and enhanced commands
- Interface Enhancements
- The Rhino 5 interface includes new tools for editing and object creation, including: Gumball object manipulation widget, Object Selection tools enhancements, Object Snap enhancements, Toolbars with tabs, Docking panels, and much more.
- Display Enhancements
- The Rhino 5 for Windows goals included are: Speed improvements, Quick viewport display configuration, Working display modes expanded and enhanced,
Presentation and rendered display modes expanded and enhanced, Display mode plug-in support enhanced, Plus many other improvements, including draw order support, two-point perspective, and enhanced clipping planes.
- Rendering Enhancements
- High quality presentation is critical to most design projects. Rhino 5 has greatly enhanced the rendering tools in both the basic Rhino Renderer and support of plug-in renderers. Including major enhancements to: Rhino Renderer, Materials, textures, and environments, Views (Cameras), Lighting, Mesh modifiers, Post-rendering modifiers, Animation
- Drafting and Printing Enhancements
- For almost every type of physical product design, technical illustration and 2-D drawing are used to concisely communicate ideas, specifications, and instructions to people in design, development, and fabrication. Our goal for Rhino 5 is to make it easier to create 2-D drawings and illustrations for every discipline in every notation system and visual style used around the world. Major areas of enhancement include: More control over annotation styles, History support for dimensions, Text field in text and leaders, Area and curve length dimensions, Revision clouds, Isometric views, Draw order, More page layout controls, Print calibration, High-res viewport capture
- Mesh Enhancements
- There are both new and enhanced mesh tools, plus support for double-precision meshes to accurately represent and display ground forms such as the 3-D topography of a large city.
- 3-D Capture Enhancements
- Rhino has always directly supported both 3-D digitizing hardware and 3-D scanned point cloud data. Rhino's 64-bit support and enhanced support for graphic co-processors has made it possible to work with these large point clouds. LIDARcaptures 3-D terrain data for agriculture, archaeology, conservation, geology, land use planning, surveying, transportation, plus wind farm, solar farm, and cell tower deployment optimization. In addition, Rhino 5 for Windows added robust support for plug-ins, such as Rhino Terrain, that provide specialty tools for these new Rhino users.
- Analysis Enhancements
- Rhino 5 includes 9 new tools and more than 15 enhancements to help ensure that the 3-D models used throughout your process are the highest possible quality.
- Large projects Enhancements
- There are more than 25 new commands and major enhancements for working with large teams to organize, manage, and administer massive projects and for organizing and working on large files.
- Compatibility Enhancements
- Nine new import/export file formats, more than 50 new compatibility enhancements, and more than 150 minor bug fixes. Also, the updated openNURBS libraries allow hundreds of other applications to read and write Rhino 5 for Windows's native 3DM files.
- New Software developer tools
- Enhancements for users and third-party developers.
Educational License Features
Rhino 5 for Windows Upgrade Educational Student Edition
Available for students and teachers.
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Primary school, secondary school, college, university and career state-accredited school students qualify to order ONE
single-user educational license each with acceptable form of academic ID. Please provide one of the following
- Dated student ID card
- Official dated current class schedule
Faculty & Staff
Primary school, secondary school, college, university, and career faculty and staff members qualify to order a single-user educational license with acceptable form of academic ID. Provide one of the following
- Dated faculty ID card
- Recent faculty/staff pay stub
Any state accredited school can order single-user educational licenses or lab licenses on a school purchase order or procurement card.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought