BodyPaint 3D: The ultimate tool for creating high-end textures and unique 3D sculptures. Works with Maya, 3ds Max, Softimage, and LightWave 3D.
's BodyPaint 3D R20
is the ultimate tool for creating high-end textures and unique sculptures. Wave good-bye to UV seams, inaccurate texturing and
constant back-and-forth switching to your 2D image editor. Say hello to hassle-free texturing that lets you quickly paint highly detailed
textures directly on your 3D objects. BodyPaint 3D also offers a comprehensive set of sculpting tools that let you turn a simple object into a
detailed work of art.
BodyPaint 3D R20
was created for all 3D artists and includes free plugins for connecting with 3ds Max
. These plugins transfer models, textures and UVs between BodyPaint 3D R20
and your favorite 3D application quickly and easily. BodyPaint 3D R20
is included in every version of Cinema 4D
- Immediate Feedback
- When you use BodyPaint 3D to paint complete materials onto your 3D models, you'll immediately see how the texture fits with the
contour of the model, how the bump or displacement react to lighting, and how the transparency and reflection interact with the environment.
There's no need to waste time transitioning textures between environments - you'll always see an accurate depiction of the texture so you can
concentrate on making it look great.
- More than 200 presets put a wide array of natural media and special effects brushes within easy reach. Clone, Smear, Sponge, Dodge
and Burn, Gradient, Magic Wand, transform tools and more are all available within the easy to use interface.
- Distortion-Free Painting
- No matter how hard you try - UVs will never be 100% perfect. Some parts will be slighty scaled, distored or twisted because you are
trying to project a 3D object onto a 2D plane. You have to keep this in mind while painting your textures in 2D. Sometimes this produces
unpredictable results. BodyPaint 3D's projection painting takes all this into account and projects your texture the way you intended it to look
on the 3D object on which you were painting.
- 32-Bit Color & HDR Editing
- You can paint in up to 32-bit color depth, which gives even more texture control and incredibly smooth color gradations. BodyPaint 3D
also enables editing of HDR and EXR formats letting you to use these powerful formats in your 3D scenes.
- Direct Connection To Your 3D Application
- Normally, creating textures using 2D applications and including these in your 3D scene involves a lot of manual setup and a lot of
application switching. BodyPaint 3D offers plugins to easily exchange models, textures and UVs between BodyPaint 3D and popular 3D applications
like 3ds Max, Maya and Softimage.
- Painting Multiple Textures At Once
- With BodyPaint 3D you can paint an entire material with a single stroke. Each brush can paint up to ten channels simultaneously, so a
single brushstroke can affect Color, Bump, Specularity, Reflection, Transparency and other properties. There is no need to match the various
channels in your 3D application.
- Painting Over Multiple Objects
- BodyPaint 3D can paint over multiple objects using a single stroke. Projection painting allows distortion-free painting across
multiple objects to eliminate seams and get the results you want - which is not possible in 2D.