HDR Light Studio 5.4
Includes 1st Year Maintenance
With an interface 100% focused on lighting your shot, HDR Light Studio 5.4 Floating License
provides a fast and precise way to light a 3D model. HDR Light Studio 5.4
allows you to put the 'right lights' in the 'right place' with instant visual feedback.
At the heart of HDR Light Studio 5.4
is the HDR Canvas - a live HDRI
environment map that updates in real-time as the lighting design evolves.
- Create perfect studio lighting HDRI maps from scratch using procedural and photographic lights
- Enhance existing photographic HDRI environments - add new light sources, color adjust and much more
- Build convincing HDRI environments for CG objects composited into a photographic background
New in version 5.4
- Adjustable Light Handles
- Since HDR Light Studio 1, lights have been positioned by their centres, as indicated by the orange dot – the handle.
sometimes when using LightPaint to position lights on the 3D model, you don't want to place a light by its centre. HDR Light Studio 5.4 introduces
adjustable handles that can be positioned anywhere within the light.
The handle is easily moved using the sliders or by dragging directly in the Light preview image.
- Area Light
- Area Lights can now point in any direction and are not limited to face the LightPaint location. So LightPaint can be used to position
the light, but the direction it faces can easily be adjusted. It is true that orientating lights in 3D software is easy; the difference using HDR Light Studio 5.4, is the fluidity and ease in which the
lighting can be created, adjusted and positioned in a very creative way – concentrating on the lighting effect in the final shot and not
about moving lights in 3D space.
- Advanced Rotations
- 3D mapped lights are no longer limited to being orientated 'normal' to the lighting sphere, or for area lights, facing directly at the
LightPaint location. X and Y rotations allow lights to be orientated in any direction. The light orientation is controlled with X,Y,Z rotations
click and drag controls, these work relative to the light's current orientation, so are easy to use.
Full 3 axis rotations allow new content to be added into a HDRI map and precisely orientated to simulate any 3D positioning. This provides far
greater control over your existing HDRI maps.
- Rotation Modes
- Rotation Modes allow the user to change the orientation characteristics of a light, providing useful behaviors for the lighting artist. There
are 4 Rotation Modes:
The X,Y,Z rotations are applied as an offset to these default behaviours, and this offset is maintained even when moving the light. So for example
if V-Lock mode is used, the light can be tilted a little off vertical and wherever the light is place it will face a little off vertical.
- Free: Behaves the same as when the Advanced Rotation setting is off (lights are normal to the lighting sphere and area lights face the
LightPaint location), but you are able to manually adjust the X,Y,Z rotations of the light.
- V-Lock: Light is always vertical, and aligned with the LightPaint location. This is ideal for pack shots, maintaining the vertical
alignment of lights.
- H-Lock: Light is always horizontal, but aligned with the LightPaint location.
- Fixed: Ignores the LightPaint location, default to horizontal and aligned with world X axis. Ideal for placing the light over a
with a fixed orientation.
- New Light Sources
- 32 additional Studio Light Sources have been added to the Preset library.
(Customers should download Studio Lights 2 to get these new lights, for trial users they are included in the trial lights at lo-resolution)
- Procedural Lights
- Ideal for studio lighting, HDR Light Studio 5.4 has a range of synthetic lights that can be combined to produce complex lighting designs. These
lights come in a variety of shapes and types - round, square, hexagon. Dark lights are used to subtract light. Gradient lights give ramped
- Image Lights
- Load your own environment maps as a base for your lighting design. Add your own high dynamic range images to provide additional lighting
select from our preset lights. Choose from three projection mappings - 3D, canvas or spherical - when placing your lights. Use mattes to shape the
illumination with HDR Light Studio 5.4's Gobo lights.
- HDR Light Studio 5.4 ships with many high dynamic range images of real lights - softboxes, reflectors, flourescent strip lights, incandescent bulbs and
- Render View
- HDR Light Studio 5.4 includes a very fast renderer optimized to help you light models rather than render your final image. You can place lights just by
clicking on where you'd like it to reflect in the model. Alembic, FBX, COLLADA, OBJ and MI formats
- Blend Modes
- Use blend modes to adjust the color of all or parts of the canvas. Add, subtract, multiply, over, clamp, color, saturation and hue blend
modes are supported.
- Nice New Touches
- The cursor is now updated to indicate which tool is active when using the Canvas, Render View and Light Preview.
Double click on any slider label text to reset the slider to its default value.
- Cinema 4D Connection now supports MAXON R18
- DeltaGen Connection now supports 2017x
- 15-day fully functional trial now includes all Preset Lights at lo resolution
HDR Light Studio 5.4
provides real-time HDRI
map creation and editing with leading 3D software.
Each license allows one person to use the software on any computer on the network.
HDR Light Studio 5.4
includes 1 floating seat.
In order to work properly, your copy of HDR Light Studio 5.4 — Floating License
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought