2D Drafting Refined. Includes CAXA 2D design and IRONCAD 3D integration.
is an extremely powerful 2D mechanical drafting tool with an easy to learn, industry standard user interface and a unique 3D integration capability. Part of IronCAD
's Design Collaboration Suite, IronCAD Draft
enables users to work in 2D but also to view, leverage, analyze, render and reference 3D model data created by suppliers customers and colleagues. In addition to this, the program offers CAXA 2D design and IronCAD
3D integration for flexibility and efficiency.
Key Features and Benefits
- Unrivaled Compatibility with AutoCAD
- Open, edit, and save existing DWG file generated by AutoCAD to share and communicate with design team members accurately. Easily adapt to the IronCAD Draft interface from its familiar environment that offers many commands commonly found in AutoCAD.
- Powerful Detailing and Production
- Detailing is powerful and complete, offering the ability to create precise 2D entities, shapes and patterns. IronCAD Draft supports powerful input options during feature creation to quickly specify size and other options such as automatic centerlines. Other utilities such as Block association, Command Editor, Format Painter, Properties Window, and the Text Editor are all intelligent functions that support quick and efficient methods to complete complex engineering tasks.
- Compatibility and Flexibility
- IronCAD Draft is built on the combination of IronCAD 3D and CAXA 2D technologies that have thousands of existing users and a wealth of experience in their respective areas making it a production ready solution. The user is able to import industry standard formats including ACIS, Parasolid, IGES , STEP, Pro/ENGINEER, NX, and CATIA along with a large variety of graphical formats to better verify and communicate your design projects. It offers fundamental 2D creation and editing tools in addition to mechanically focused utilities and parametric standard parts, giving engineers the ability to easily create fully detailed designs.
- Streamlined User Interface and Customization
- IronCAD Draft utilizes the industry standard Windows 2007 Fluent / Ribbon user interface designed to streamline the design process by providing the most common tasks directly to the user in a common grouped interface. In addition, it is easy for the user to customize the interface to quickly access commonly-used commands. As with any industry standard 2D application, IronCAD Draft offers a powerful application programming interface to customize corporate standard utilities and processes.
- 3D Design Interrogation and Communication
- Multiple models can be imported into IronCAD Draft to build assemblies, verify interferences, and to communicate the 3D representation to customers using realistic rendering and animations. Users can build custom catalog components to quickly assembly and communicate products in real-time to potential customers to help communicate your projects upfront. In addition, users can leverage the 3D data with full association in the 2D detailing to speed up the layout process and to automatically reuse critical information from 3D data such as bill of materials and measurement information.
- Communication and Sharing
- Share and communicate your design projects using freely distributable viewers and exchange data with clients in DWF/DXF and image formats. While being able to communicate is good, but sharing live project data requires control and management. IronCAD's Next Generation suite includes a powerful and integrated fully functional Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) solution to manage your CAD and related engineering project data, both internally and externally across the internet.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought