TurboCAD Pro v9 for Mac
2D Drafting and 3D Modeling in One Easy ProgramTurboCAD Pro v9 for Mac
delivers unparalleled value and productivity in a professional 2D/3D CAD package. Fully integrated 2D drafting tools, 3D surface and ACIS solid modeling tools, assembly tools, advanced architectural tools, and powerful LightWorks photorealistic rendering are accompanied by thousands of symbols, materials, decals, and pre-drawn floorplans.
Customizable toolbars, set-up wizard, and context sensitive help enhance usability, while the block manager and the ability to quickly organize layers and layer sets optimize drawing management. Plus complete printing and publishing tools as well as extensive file support including new AutoCAD 2013 DWG
meet the needs of professional architects, engineers, illustrators, designers, and more.
- Advanced 2D/3D Architectural Design
- TurboCAD Pro v9 for Mac includes 1,000 pre-designed floor plans plus advanced tools for professional architectural design. Self-healing walls auto-dimension as they are drawn, auto trim wall vertices, and allow for assignment of hatch patterns and color. The new roof and slab tools work to quickly attach to existing walls, and when parametric doors and windows are added, the built-in intelligence automatically creates the needed openings.
- Powerful Lighting & Rendering Options
- When it's time to present your ideas, TurboCAD Pro v9 for Mac delivers stunning photo-realistic renderings. Apply materials and decals. Set lighting, shadowing, reflectance, roughness and environmental effects. Then render with the powerful LightWorks Photorealistic Rendering Engine. Sketch rendering options are also available for a hand-drawn look, appropriate in the early stages of conceptual design.
- Flexible CAD & Graphic Design Formats
- Easily import existing designs from popular CAD and graphic design file formats, including new AutoCAD 2013 .DWG. Just as easily, export your precision designs and technical drawings from TurboCAD to other CAD formats, or choose a popular desktop publishing formats such as EPS TIF, CGM and more, to create brochures or other marketing materials. Even print design to your specifications with new options for better control of how the printed document will look.
Performance & Usability Enhancements
- New/Improved gripper tool to dynamically move, rotate, scale, duplicate, translate, & face copy objects in 2D or 3D.
- New navigator to view your drawing by Sphere mode or by Step mode, independent of your drawing.
- New batch file converter reads a variety of file formats and can quickly process into other file formats.
- New save for review command saves the current file to a new file name while locking the layer list.
New & Improved Modeling Features
- New Rip/Lip feature for the construction of a support with parameters for thickness and draft angle.
- New bridge tool connects two facet regions together by combining and merging facets, edges, and vertices.
- New add loop tool providing additional control over regions of a meshed part.
- New fill hole tool adds triangles or quads to close an open hole.
- New cylinder subdivision primitive added to the subdivided mesh tools to quickly smooth a quad mesh.
- New push/pull Tool to resize or create 3D objects from 2D lines or curves by simply extruding an enclosed shape.
New Suite of 3D Printing Tools
- New 3D print check tool checks a part for its print viability.
- New surface normals check performs an analysis of a part's surface normal.
- New overhang analysis tool to inspect modeling areas that may require structural support.
- New wall thickness tool to inspect modeling areas that may be too thin for 3D printing.
- New preview slices tool provides a user interface to slice models given a direction and thickness, to verify a part has closed, no overlapping sections, etc.
- New auto position tool positions a collection of parts within the boundaries of the default print platform.
- New support structure tool that manually adds geometry to support material as it is created by the 3D printer.
- New show printer volume which is defined within the printer definitions dialog box, toggles the boundary of the default 3D Printer.
- New printer definitions dialog box to set key parameters of the 3D printer.
- New 14 sample STL files for instant 3D printing.
New Rendering & Presentation
- New special lighting effects including strip, dome, and area lights for more photo-realistic rendering.
New & Improved Interoperability
- DWG/DXF Read/Write filters
- Files filters have been updated to support import and export of the latest AutoCAD 2013/2014 file formats.
- Improved STL filter
- Better support of collapsed facets for more reliable output to 3D printers.
- The Ultimate in Design Productivity
- TurboCAD Pro v9 for Mac makes it easy to design in 2D or 3D. Use the new multi-step wizard to quickly set up your drawing, defining unit format,
paper size, print, drawing scale annotation settings, text and dimension. Plus, customizable toolbars and more enhance usability including:
- New Context Sensitive Help System to get help with any tool instantly
- New Gripper Tool to dynamically move, rotate, & scale objects in 2D or 3D
- New Viewport Layouts display multiple views of your drawing at once
- New 3D Connexion Space Mouse as well as traditional mouse support
- New Multi-step Drawing Wizard to quickly set up your drawing
- New Custom Toolbar Creation for quick access to your favorite tools
- Layers and Layer Sets to organize and more easily edit your design
- Over 38,000 2D/3D symbols and parts for AEC, Mechanical, Electrical, Process Plant and Piping
- Complete Set of 2D Drafting Tools
- TurboCAD Pro v9 for Mac provides unlimited 2D design options. Choose from a number 2D drafting tools including line, arc, curve, circle, ellipse, and spline tools. Access text, dimensioning tools, modifier and transformation tools for easy editing. Here is a sampling of 2D tools.
- New Polygon Tools – Slot polygon, N-Sided polygon, and polygon from curves tool.
- New Conic Tools, a.k.a. conic section tools, allow users to easily obtain a curve generated by the intersection of a cone with a plane.
- Connect Curve Tool - Join Option - The Join Curve option replaces the two curves you select with a new spline curve. This tool will also join two polylines
- Sketch Spline Tool – samples points as the cursor moves and creates a smooth spline through the sampled data. Once selected this tool has two options, the Sketch Spline tool and Sketch on a Surface tool.
- Fair Spline Tool - The Fair Spline command provides a tool to globally smooth a curve. Fairing a spline optimally moves control vertices to locations that minimize large curvature variations.
- More Professional Features
- TurboCAD Mac Pro provides unlimited design options with its complete set of 2D/3D design tools, plus advanced tools for professionals. To learn more about advanced professional features, use the navigation on the right to search these topics:
- 3D Modeling
- New Part Tree
- TurboCAD Pro v9 for Mac now offers a fully editable, hierarchical part tree for Solids and Surfaces. The Part Tree can be viewed as a selective
UNDO/REDO tool: adjust the parameters of a bend, for example, without having to UNDO the design steps that have been made to the model since the parameter of that object were originally set. Each subsequent step will be applied correctly on the newly updated geometry.
- Printing, Publishing & PDF
- TurboCAD Pro v9 for Mac offers a variety of ways to share your work. The new Print by Layer Tool is extremely useful when you have multiple sets of data within one file that needs printing. For less complex jobs, a new Print Window option allows users to simply drag the mouse over the area of your design you wish to print. Use page layouts to publish your design from up to 4 different view angles on a single page, controlling text size and more. Save designs as single or multi-page PDFs for sending via email, or export to one of the many desktop publishing formats for placement in brochures and
Support & Maintenance
Free technical support and installation assistance provided directly from IMSI at 1-800-833-8082.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought