EDIUS Workgroup 8
More formats and more resolutions in real time for the ability to Edit Anything, Anywhere.
EDIUS Workgroup 8 Digital Edition
gives you the ability to edit in real time as a standalone user in the field or within network connected production infrastructures. EDIUS Workgroup 8
is the perfect finishing tool for broadcast news, news magazine content and studio programs, as well as organizational, documentary and 4K theatrical productions. With more creative options and real-time, no-render editing of all popular SD, HD and even 4K formats, EDIUS Workgroup 8
is THE most versatile and fastest nonlinear editing software available.
EDIUS Workgroup 8
from Grass Valley
gives you real-time editing of multiple formats and frame-rates all on the same timeline. EDIUS Workgroup 8
has optional modules to connect to the GV STRATUS video production & content management system and edit-in-place on a Grass Valley K2 SAN. Together with GV STRATUS, EDIUS Workgroup 8
introduces powerful speed and flexibility for broadcast, post-production and multiplatfom environments.
- News Production
- The combination of EDIUS Workgroup 8's fast and easy-to-use editing capabilities, together with GV STRATUS's asset management features, allows multiple users to work simultaneously on the same story, sharing media and metadata for super-fast turnaround. Not only can news organizations get their stories to air faster, but with GV STRATUS's workflow engine and import/export features, stories can be sent to multiple delivery platforms, such as the web and mobile devices, as soon as they have been edited with EDIUS Workgroup 8. At the touch of a button, EDIUS Workgroup 8 users can publish their finished edits to various destinations at once, be it playout servers, content management systems, social media and a digital library.
- Post-production & Web Publishing
- For film production, promo creation, documentaries and short- or long-form programming, the combination of EDIUS Workgroup 8 and GV STRATUS adds extra value. Efficient content management, workflow automation and storage optimization, including user permissions, are just a few of the features introduced by the tight integration of both applications. Finished productions can be automatically uploaded to a webpage or video-on-demand location, again with a simple click of a button invoking workflow rules that automate the process of uploading media to a pre-set destination. A producer or editor could even be working from their home office and access content via a wide area network connection to the production facility. This allows not only searching, streaming and viewing remote assets, but even remote editing with low-resolution proxy copies or transferring high-resolution media to local storage before editing, then conforming back to the shared K2 storage at the production facility for final review and packaging.
- More Formats, Better Workflows
- includes native support for all commonly used file formats, including Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 and Canon XF and EOS movie formats. For post-production work you can use Grass Valley's high performance intermediate 10-bit codec, HQX, or the Avid DNxHD codec. Where EDIUS Workgroup 8 really shines, however, is with its fast and comprehensive implementation of newer file formats, for example Sony XAVC (Intra/Long GOP)/XAVC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra, and Canon XF-AVC. With EDIUS Workgroup 8, you'll always be able to edit, whatever format comes your way. For even more power and creative control during editing, EDIUS Workgroup 8 supports a number of third-party software plug-ins for additional video and audio effects, keying, stabilization and multicam syncing. A list of third-party titling software and effects plug-ins is available on our website.
- 64-bit & 4K
- Designed as a native 64-bit application for Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1, EDIUS Workgroup 8 takes full advantage of up to 512 GB system memory (for Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise and Professional) or up to 192 GB (for Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional) for super-intensive media operations, especially layering, 3D, multicam and multi-track 4K editing. EDIUS Workgroup 8 is optimized for Intel's Quick Sync Video, a feature of all current Core processors (Core i7, Core i5 and Core i3) and especially useful for video editing because it significantly accelerates MPEG-2 and H.264 encoding. EDIUS Workgroup 8 has been further enhanced to use Intel Quick Sync Video for H.264 decoding to give you super-smooth H.264 playback, including 4K.
- Powerful Proxy Mode Editing
- GV STRATUS incorporates the power and speed of low-resolution proxy editing with EDIUS XS, but with all of the functionality and creative tools of EDIUS Workgroup 8. When editing is completed, the project file is auto-conformed by the GV STRATUS Render Engine workstation computer for final processing and output. Proxy mode editing is also available for systems not connected to GV STRATUS, by using the optional EDIUS XRE conform engine
- Key Features
- Interoperability with GV STRATUS (requires GV STRATUS Connectoption)
- K2 Clip/K2 Program import/export (requires K2 Connect option)
- Superior 4K workflow, including support for Blackmagic Design's Deck- Link 4K Extreme, Ultra Studio 4K, AJA KONA 3G (preview only) and EDL or AAF import/export with Grass Valley HQX with DaVinci Resolve 11
- Supports third-party I/O hardware from Blackmagic Design, Matrox andAJA
- Edit media files with different resolutions — from 24x24 to 4Kx2K Real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
- Support for the latest file formats — Sony XVAC (Intra/Long GOP)/ XVAC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra/AVC-Intra 4K 422 (import only) and Canon 1D C M-JPEG/4K MXF
- Work natively with many different video formats, such as Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Ikegami GF, RED, Canon XF format and EOS movie format
- Fastest AVCHD editing on the market (up to 3+ streams in real time)
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support
- Improved MPEG encoder speed and quality
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder
- Accelerated 4K H.264 playback
- Optimized for fourth-generation Intel Core i architecture
- New GUI design for faster workflows
- 64-bit native processing with maximum memory access for streamlined real-time editing
- Proxy mode workflow for legacy computers helps extend their usability and increase ROI
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video for extremely fast export and Blu-ray Disc burning
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX and others)
- 3D stereoscopic editing
- Built-in loudness meter
- Built-in image stabilization
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- Native DNxHD import/export
- AAF workflow with Avid Media Composer
- Dolby Digital Professional/Plus import/export
- EDIUS Workgroup includes a Dolby consumer license as standard, which is applicable to corporate and consumer use of Dolby audio. For use in broadcast applications, the Dolby Professional/Plus license is available as an option for EDIUS Workgroup
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought