A perfect plug in to publish and share your CATIA V5 models. Includes first year maintenance.
eDrawings Pro for CATIA V5 With 1-Year Maintenance
is the first email enabled collaboration tool designed to ease the sharing and interpretation of 2D & 3D product design data. It is a plug-
in for CATIA
V5 that allows users to publish CATIA V5 files as read only and ultra compact (upto 95% compression) eDrawings files for
visualization, collaboration and design review.
Review enabled eDrawings files allow an unlimited number of recipients to easily query product designs, add markup and provide feedback. With
eDrawings, the end recipients don't need to buy any additional software for design review, markup, measurement and dynamic cross sectioning.
Save eDrawings files as self extracting executables and zip files that contain the viewer as well as design data. With eDrawings executables, the
end recipient does not need to download or install any additional software. Exporting to various image formats and STL is also available.
eDrawings provides you with greater control over your design information by disabling measurement, disabling STL export and password protection.
Features and Benefits
- CATIA V5 Part/Assembly/Drawing support
- View, publish and share exact read-only representations of CATIA V5 parts, assemblies and drawings for design review and collaboration.
- Ultra Compact Files
- eDrawings are substantially smaller in size compared to the original CAD files, making them easy to send by email, even over slow
connections. With eDrawings, it's finally practical to send design data via email.
- Dynamic Cross-section
- View cross sections of part and assembly files by creating a variety of cross section planes.
- Move Components
- Move, show and hide components in an assembly file, or in a drawing file of an assembly. You can also move entire subassemblies.
- Insert Stamps
- Insert your company logos and images as stamps in the eDrawings file.
- Open individual views in a drawing and arrange them in any way you desire, regardless of how the views were arranged in the original
drawing. eDrawings layouts also automatically align the views intelligently and enable the eDrawings recipient to print and export any subset of a
- Batch Publishing, Command Line and Scheduler Utility
- Create eDrawings files in Batch mode from CATIA V5 files using the Scheduler Utility. Integrate the creation of eDrawings automatically
with your PLM Workflows using the Command Line utility.
- Captures and 3D Annotations support
- Export Captures and Annotations to eDrawings.
- Built-in Viewer
- eDrawings offer a complete, self-contained communication tool since no other viewing software is needed. In addition, eDrawings viewer
can view native SolidWorks parts, assemblies and drawings, and also AutoCAD files.
- Use the Measure tool to measure exact dimensions in part, assembly, and drawing files.
- Add markup elements, such as geometric elements, clouds, text, or dimensions to the comment using the markup tools.
- 3D data in Drawings
- Visualize drawings more effectively by exporting 3D shaded data in drawing files.
- Demonstrate how drawing views relate to each other. With the click of a button eDrawings animates all the views contained in your
drawing. Try out this feature yourself and see why everyone is so excited about eDrawings!
- Data Protection
- Password protect eDrawings, disable measurement and STL export to protect sensitive data
- Save as STL, Image formats
- eDrawings can be optionally exported by the eDrawings Viewer as STL files.
- Mass Properties
- Query Mass, Volume, Density (parts only), and Surface area of the model.
- 3D Pointer
- Easily identify and match geometry in multiple views using the 3D Pointer.