Vue Complete 2016
The Natural Solution for 3D Artists and Small Studios
Designed for experienced 3D artists and small studios, Vue Complete 2016
provides a complete solution for natural 3D scenery. While maintaining unequaled user
friendliness, Vue Complete 2016
combines into a single package a multitude of cutting-edge features that let you easily create and control rich EcoSystems of
wind-swept trees and plants, hyper-realistic spectral atmospheres and detailed terrains in fully animated scenes.
The new release introduces significant functionality such as an exciting Hybrid GPU
Interactive Path Tracer, the new and powerful Heightfield
Terrain technology, plenty of EcoSystem technology improvements, and a lot more!
- HeightField Terrain Technology
- Vue Complete 2016 introduces a brand new terrain modeling technology, more flexible and a lot more powerful, called "Heightfield Terrains".
This new technology allows you to add terrain effects that were previously impossible to achieve, such as Hydrological & Thermal Simulations.
Similar to procedural terrains, Heightfield Terrains are based on a function graph, but baked on a fixed-resolution grid. This will give you more
flexibility and add more realism to your terrains. Heightfield Terrains are also significantly faster to render.
Heighfield terrains are manually sculptable and parameters can be animated - e.g. to simulate a terrain erosion over time for instance.
And finally, you can easily set up your graph outputs to drive your material presence, directly from within the Terrain Editor interface.
The Heightfield Terrains technology comes with its set of new dedicated nodes and presets, like 9 different Erosion presets and Slope, Convexity,
Blur or Terrace nodes.
- Hybrid GPU/CPU Interactive Path Tracer
- GPU rendering comes to VUE with the new Path Tracer renderer. This renderer naturally and automatically simulates real-life lighting,
and automatically calculates many effects that have to be specifically set with other methods, such as depth of field, caustics, ambient occlusion,
and indirect lighting.
Path tracing in Vue Complete 2016 is available as an interactive rendering quality in the viewports, as well as an offline rendering engine .
- EcoSystem Improvements
- PlantFactory Preset Variations: PlantFactory 2015 introduced the concept of Presets. PlantFactory 2016 now introduces the
of Preset Variations.
Preset Variations allow you to immediately include subtle differences to your plant (change the number of buds on a blooming flower, or its petal
colors for instance).
This new feature allows you to easily add variety to create realistic environments with one single plant species!
Within Vue Complete 2016, you directly get access to the PlantFactory species presets and variations within the Plant Browser, the Plant Editor and within your
EcoSystem population list (requires the EcoPainter module).
So, at every step of your scene creation process, you are able to select the species you want, the preset you want and the variations you want!
- Multiple Global EcoSystems and EcoPainter Improvements: the features described require the EcoPainter module.
Vue Complete 2016 now allows you to populate your scenes with multiple Global EcoSystems layers (i.e. not linked to any underlying material). You can save your
Global EcoSystem populations as EcoPainter brushes, and re-use them at any time, in any scene.
Vue Complete 2016 ships with 12 EcoPainter brushes to get you started. Populations in your EcoSystem brushes can also be used in any standard EcoSystem material.
Vue Complete 2016 includes 20 EcoPainter effector brushes, including a new Rotate effector to dynamically alter the placement of your EcoSystem populations.
- Memory Saving Technologies: you can now optimize memory consumption by using baked (static or dynamic) versions of PlantFactory
species for your EcoSystem populations, or by converting any referenced assets in your scenes to EcoSystem Instances (requires the EcoPainter
- Optimized Workspace and Workflow
- Split Camera Control Panel: Scene preview and Camera Controls
- Resize the EcoPainter Dialog (requires the EcoPainter module)
- Optimized Extrapolation/Interpolation commands by creating references instead of hard copies
- Set VUE to automatically create a Scene Snapshot after each render
- Scene snapshot preview in OS browser is automatically created after the render
- Compatible with HiDPI displays
- Scenes and assets thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer
- Automatic detection of global scale factor (from file format and source software) when importing scenes or assets
- Export original maps for meshes with Uvs (requires the Exporter module)
- Export objects as Collada (requires the Exporter module)
Key Features and Benefits
- Easy learning curve
- Quickly achieve professional results
- Advanced 3D scenery management
- Interactively paint entire forests
- Dynamic wind and breeze effects
- Photo-realistic radiosity lighting
- Load and render Poser characters
- Extended natural 3D animation power
- Direct access to Cornucopia3D content
- Export content to other 3D applications
New Layout Nodes also let you design a terrain's "layout" (most prominent features) using hand-drawn elements like Splines, elements from the scene,
or simple shapes (circles, rectangles, rounded rectangles) .
Vue Complete 2016
includes all the optional modules, Vue Complete 2016
adds the EcoPainter, Zephyr, AdvancedGraph, KronosFX and Exporter modules to Vue
. Vue Complete 2016
also ships with an extensive collection of preset trees, buildings, scenes, characters, and more.The content included with Vue Complete 2016
over 190 3D objects (of which 18 animals, 28 buildings, 5 characters, 21 vehicles, etc) as well as over 50 additional plant species and 10 new sets.
- The EcoPainter lets you accurately and interactively spread and control your EcoSystem populations using your mouse or pressure sensitive
tablet. EcoSystem instances are automatically dropped and aligned to the surface as you paint them. You can select, move, resize or delete entire
populations with a stroke of your mouse.
- Wind adds a whole new dimension to your animations! Create entire forests with millions of animated windswept trees, add per-plant wind effects
or blow on groups of plants using animatable ventilators.
- With the AdvancedGraph module included in Vue Complete 2016, you get "behind the scene" access to your creations. Create advanced object interactions, custom
material shaders, or link object and material properties together using the Scene Graph approach.
- Thanks to KronosFX, you get full animation power. Render high-resolution animations, fine-tune your object keyframing by accessing the animated
property curves, create rotoscoping effects, etc.
- Export the content of your Vue scenes to other applications, in full 3D quality. Generate fully-textured meshes, high-definition sky-maps or
detailed terrain maps for import in other 3D applications.
- Thanks to the EcoSystem module included in Vue Complete 2016, you can create and edit your own EcoSystem materials. Control the size, color, orientation,
placement, density, etc. of your EcoSystem populations. Create layered EcoSystems and adjust the affinity between the different layer populations.
- Botanica Plant Editor
- With the Botanica Plant Editor, Vue Complete 2016 lets you customize the included SolidGrowth plants to create your own, unique plant species. Adjust the
settings for the entire plant, or work on individual subsets (trunk, branches leaves...). Save your newly created species to create slightly
different plants each time.
- With LightTune, pump up your lighting effects with advanced features such as detailed per-object light influence, AccuShadows shadow mapping,
spotlight view-through and custom attenuation graphs.
- Fully control even the most complex scenes thanks to DeepAccess. Add an unlimited number of layers. Link and incorporate imported objects and
maps with dynamic updates. Sort objects by size, type or name. Easily manage and modify multiple object instances.
- With HyperVue, dramatically cut down render times by distributing your render jobs accross a network of up to 5 computers (Mac or Windows).
Easily set up and manage the render network with the included SmartCow and NewCow technologies.
- The RenderUp module, included with Vue Complete 2016, lets you render images without any limitation of size nor quality (other than system resources). It also
grants you advanced control over the Vue rendering engine.
- The 3DImport module, also part of Vue Complete 2016, lets you import content created with other 3D applications. Thanks to 3DImport, Vue 7 Complete can read
and import 3D objects in all popular formats, complete with texturing information. This includes the ability to natively load static or animated
Poser characters, re-pose them directly inside of Vue, and even render them using the Poser shading tree.
This Product is Also Known As
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought