RpTools is a SketchUp add-on, which makes it easier to work with components, create 2D documents, and perform other powerful functions. With RpTools you can layout 3D components from the 3D Warehouse of SketchUp or your own components.
Components include Select, Place, Move, Copy, Rotate, Mirror, Stretch, Aim, and more.RpTools includes 2D Plotting for edge link colors and thickness, as well as 2D Text. Use RpTools to create a room for quick placement of components.
These are the standard icons on the tool bar. To edit these, or add other icons, use Customize Toolbar.
- Start Dialog - Options and Help for RpTools.
- Place Material - Place materials on surfaces.
- Material Styles - save and reload all material settings.
- Select and Place Component - Select SketchUp components from an Explorer like list.
- Move Wizard - move a component (or any selected entities) along an axis.
- Copy Wizard - copy a component (or any selected entities) along an axis.
- Mirror Wizard - mirror a component (or any selected entities) along an axis.
- Rotate Wizard - rotate a component (or any selected entities) around an axis.
- Stretch Wizard - stretch a component (or any selected entities) along an axis.
- Aim component - align a component's axis to point at something else in the model.
- Alpha Channel - Adds an image with transparent areas.
- Proxy Components - Create low poly components to speed up your SketchUp model.
- Shapes - Wizards to create standard 3D objects.
In order to work properly, your copy of RpTools requires SketchUp.