Features in VRED Design 2020 3D product visualization and virtual prototyping software enable you to create compelling product presentations, design reviews, and virtual prototypes in real-time.
What's New in VRED Design 2020
Substance Webshop Integration
Rounded Edge Effect
- Data preparation and navigation
- Navigation in a scene - You can navigate more easily within a VRED scene and control which objects can be selected.
- Enhanced geometry behavior - Work more easily with the geometry, promote geometry simply, and communicate your designs more effectively.
- Import Alias layer structure - Wire files from Alias industrial design software are now imported with the corresponding layer and tagging information.
- Simple user interface - Create imagery faster using features such as a scene module, an animation wizard, and an improved quick access bar.
- Visual setup
- Pre-rendering shadows into geometry - Bake light shadows into geometry to get a more natural view of the object with fewer calculations.
- NEW | Lens flares - Create a lens flare effect for your lights in ray tracing and open GL modes.
- NEW | Fog effect - Create an atmospheric fog effect in your scene, with controls for color, falloff, and density.
- Realistic materials - Use a wide range of photorealistic automotive virtual prototyping materials, such as glass, car paint, and metal.
- Powerful lighting options - Easily control brightness using HDR lighting to illuminate an entire scene with a high-dynamic-range picture.
- Physical camera settings - The Camera Module's physical parameters make elaborate post-processing unnecessary.
- Displacement mapping - Efficiently simulate highly detailed surface structure based on texture information, in real time.
- Layered glass material - Single-sided objects can have a simulated thickness to achieve the appropriate index of refraction (IOR).
- Virtual reality interaction - Get a more natural look and feel in your VR environment with hands and gestures in VRED.
- Animation Module - Create keyframe animations interactively in real time. Simulate motion sequences and produce moving images.
- Variants and VariantSets - Present different configurations of your 3D model using Variants and VariantSets.
- Virtual reality enhancements - Improvements include omnidirectional stereo render for 360-degree style images for mobile and web VR (virtual reality).
- Enhancements in materials - Improved metallic paint options better represent general metallic car paint for more realistic automotive virtual prototyping.
- Evaluation workflows
- Clipping module - Use 3D clipping on digital data, polygons, and even on native NURBS data.
- Render passes and render layer - For additional post-processing, export your render passes for further adaptions in image processing software.
- Better results with fewer cycles - A noise reduction tool for rendering provides better visual quality for interior scenes with fewer overall samples.
- Multiple rendering modes - Rendering modes help deliver various levels of display quality and speed. Switch between OpenGL and raytracing mode.