AutoCAD is computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers, and construction professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings.
- Draft, annotate, and design 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces, and mesh objects
- Automate tasks such as comparing drawings, addings blocks, creating schedules, and more
- Customize with add-on apps and APIs
AutoCAD now includes industry-specific features and intelligent objects for architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical design, and more.
- Automate floor plans, sections, and elevations
- Draw piping, ducting, and circuiting quickly with parts libraries
- Auto-generate annotations, layers, schedules, lists, and tables
- Use a rules-driven workflow to accurately enforce industry standards
Work faster and more precisely with the following specialized toolsets:
- AutoCAD Architecture
- AutoCAD Electrical
- AutoCAD MAP 3D
- AutoCAD Mechanical
- AutoCAD MEP
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- AutoCAD Raster Design
- AutoCAD Mobile App
- AutoCAD Web App
Compare past and present versions of a drawing and see the evolution of your work.
See the changes made to your current drawing from changed external references (Xrefs).
View and access your blocks content from AutoCAD on desktop or within the AutoCAD web app.
Experience faster save and install times. Leverage multicore processors for smoother orbit, pan, and zoom operations.
AutoCAD on any device
View, edit, and create drawings in AutoCAD on virtually any device–desktop, web, or mobile.
Cloud storage connectivity
Access any DWG™ file in AutoCAD with Autodesk’s cloud, as well as with leading cloud storage providers.
Display all nearby measurements in a drawing simply by hovering your mouse.
Enhanced DWG compare
Compare two versions of a drawing without leaving your current window.
Remove multiple unneeded objects at once with easy selection and object preview.
- AutoCAD anytime, anywhere - Create, edit, and view CAD drawings through the browser using the AutoCAD web app or through the AutoCAD mobile app
- Save to web and mobile - Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on the AutoCAD web and mobile apps, Xrefs included.
- Shared views - Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.
2D drafting, drawing, and annotation
- Text settings - Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Dimensions - Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Leaders - Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines and define styles.
- Centerlines and center marks - Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated objects.
3D modeling and visualization
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling - Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling tools.
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel) - Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Visual styles - Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- PDF files - Share and reuse data from PDF files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DGN Files - Share and reuse data from DGN files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
Installation and customization
- TrustedDWG technology - TrustedDWG™ technology alerts you to a possible incompatibility when a file was not last saved by Autodesk software.
- CUI customization - Customize the user interface to improve accessibility and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
Download and test AutoCAD before you make your purchasing decision.
AutoCAD Trial Software Download