V-Ray3.0 Academic for Softimage
1 year Student License
USB dongle included
The newest addition to rendering solutions!
Built on V-Ray's core platform of rendering speed, stability, and quality, V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage Workstation
is an advanced rendering solution for the VFX
animation industries. V-Ray for Softimage includes ICE support, efficient Global Illumination, versatile shaders, and much more.
New in Version 3.0
- Progressive Image Sampler
- Faster feedback for artists with this powerful upgrade to the path-tracing engine. V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage also allows you to cache scene assets between renders
for even faster iterations.
- New Skin Shader
- V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage introduces the VRaySkinMtl. With artist-friendly controls, the VRaySkinMtl is a dedicated skin shader with built in Subsurface Scattering
and layered reflections.
- Render Mask
- Render Mask uses an object selection, include/exclude list, or texture map to control the exact pixels to be rendered.
- Shading with V-Ray for Softimage
- Create materials quickly and efficiently using VRay Materials, and simplify the creation of complex, layered materials with the V-Ray Blend
and V-Ray Car Paint Materials.
- Render Elements
- Take control of your compositing workflow using the expansive list of Render Elements.
- V-Ray Proxy
- Manage scene memory and efficiently render massive amounts of geometry using V-Ray Proxy objects.
- Hair & Fur Shading
- Render hair and fur with unprecedented quality, control, and speed with the VRayHairMtl shader.
Chaos Group Company Overview
provides innovative rendering solutions for the media, entertainment, and design industries. For over a decade the flagship rendering software, VRay,
has set the standard for speed, quality, reliability and ease of use, and it has become the rendering engine of choice for renowned international
studios. The company proudly supports the 3D community through a suite of software solutions: V-Ray for Autodesk 3ds Max
, V-Ray for Autodesk
, V-Ray for Autodesk Softimage
, V-Ray for Rhino
, V-Ray for SketchUp
, Phoenix FD for Autodesk 3ds Max
, Phoenix FD
for Autodesk Maya
, and Pdplayer
Educational License Features
V-Ray3.0 Academic for Softimage 1 year Student License
unites the rendering workflow for VFX and animation studios.
With support for Softimage
's award-winning ICE system, dynamic geometry, and V-Ray Proxy objects, V-Ray3.0 Academic for Softimage
supports the size and complexity of even
the most demanding scenes.
V-Ray3.0 Academic for Softimage
's physically based toolset, including versatile shaders, lights, and cameras, makes it possible to standardize rendering workflow with the
quality, speed, and stability of the V-Ray core.
Key Features of V-Ray3.0 Academic for Softimage:
- Render particles, strands, hair, and geometry produced by Softimage's award-winning ICE system.
- Manage scene memory and efficiently render massive amounts of geometry with V-Ray Proxy.
- Render dynamic geometry such as displacement, proxy objects, fur, and hair.
- Use all geometry animation and deformations applied through animated parameters and key frames, the Animation Mixer, and ICE-based
- Create materials based on physical properties using V-Ray's versatile shaders.
- Use built-in Render Tree procedural shaders, computational, and logic nodes.
- Simplify the texturing process and eliminate the need to assign UVs using Ptex.
- Simplify the creation of complex multi-layered automotive paints using the VRayCarPaintMtl.
- Render hair and fur with unprecedented control, quality, and speed using the VRayHairMtl.
- Lights & Illumination
- Create realistic illumination using physically-based lights, including IES lights and texture-mapped area lights.
- Emulate real-world atmospheric lighting conditions using the V-Ray Sun and Sky system.
- Create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light.
- Cameras & Optics
- Render true 3D motion blur using the V-Ray Physical Camera.
- Create fast and accurate depth of field with bokeh effects using the V-Ray Physical Camera.
- Import displacement maps from Nuke to match lens distortion.
- Softimage Supported Features:
- ICE support - render geometry produced by the award-winning Softimage ICE system, including particles, strands, hair, ICE-managed color
arithmetic, all fully animated.
- Animated parameters - V-Ray will efficiently render Softimage objects with animated parameters and an arbitrary number of keyframes. All
geometry modifications and many color-oriented animatable parameters are supported.
- Strong render tree support - V-Ray supports dozens of the procedural shader node types for the Softimage render tree, and new ones are
added on a regular basis and made available through service packs.
- Weightmaps - apply transformations to geometry or color attributes of a scene on a per-vertex basis with full support for Softimage
- V-Ray Sun and Sky - create realistic outdoor scenes with physically accurate lighting and atmosphere effects, while maintaining control
over rendering times.
This Bundle Includes
Chaos GroupV-Ray USB dongleA USB dongle can be shared among all V-ray products as long as they are on the same computerThis item cannot be purchased separately.1607
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
In order to work properly, your copy of V-Ray3.0 Academic for Softimage — 1 year Student License — USB dongle included requires Softimage.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought