Get a Quote!
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing.
To see our best price click the button below and one of our Chaos Group experts will send you a customized quote.
V-Ray 3.0 Academic for Softimage
1 year License
Required USB Dongle Not Included
The newest addition to rendering solutions!
V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage Workstation
by Chaos Group
The newest addition to rendering solutions.
Educational License Features
V-Ray 3.0 Academic for Softimage 1 year License
unites the rendering workflow for VFX and animation studios.
With support for Softimage
's award-winning ICE system, dynamic geometry, and V-Ray Proxy objects, V-Ray 3.0 Academic for Softimage
supports the size and complexity of even
the most demanding scenes.
V-Ray 3.0 Academic for Softimage
's physically based toolset, including versatile shaders, lights, and cameras, makes it possible to standardize rendering workflow with the
quality, speed, and stability of the V-Ray core.
Key Features of V-Ray 3.0 Academic for Softimage:
- Render particles, strands, hair, and geometry produced by Softimage's award-winning ICE system.
- Manage scene memory and efficiently render massive amounts of geometry with V-Ray Proxy.
- Render dynamic geometry such as displacement, proxy objects, fur, and hair.
- Use all geometry animation and deformations applied through animated parameters and key frames, the Animation Mixer, and ICE-based
- Create materials based on physical properties using V-Ray's versatile shaders.
- Use built-in Render Tree procedural shaders, computational, and logic nodes.
- Simplify the texturing process and eliminate the need to assign UVs using Ptex.
- Simplify the creation of complex multi-layered automotive paints using the VRayCarPaintMtl.
- Render hair and fur with unprecedented control, quality, and speed using the VRayHairMtl.
- Lights & Illumination
- Create realistic illumination using physically-based lights, including IES lights and texture-mapped area lights.
- Emulate real-world atmospheric lighting conditions using the V-Ray Sun and Sky system.
- Create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light.
- Cameras & Optics
- Render true 3D motion blur using the V-Ray Physical Camera.
- Create fast and accurate depth of field with bokeh effects using the V-Ray Physical Camera.
- Import displacement maps from Nuke to match lens distortion.
- Softimage Supported Features:
- ICE support - render geometry produced by the award-winning Softimage ICE system, including particles, strands, hair, ICE-managed color
arithmetic, all fully animated.
- Animated parameters - V-Ray will efficiently render Softimage objects with animated parameters and an arbitrary number of keyframes. All
geometry modifications and many color-oriented animatable parameters are supported.
- Strong render tree support - V-Ray supports dozens of the procedural shader node types for the Softimage render tree, and new ones are
added on a regular basis and made available through service packs.
- Weightmaps - apply transformations to geometry or color attributes of a scene on a per-vertex basis with full support for Softimage
- V-Ray Sun and Sky - create realistic outdoor scenes with physically accurate lighting and atmosphere effects, while maintaining control
over rendering times.
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use V-Ray Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
In order to work properly, your copy of V-Ray 3.0 Academic for Softimage — 1 year License — Required USB Dongle Not Included requires Softimage.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought