Integrated 3D titling and visual effects software. Custom interface as a host plug-in, or as standalone software application.
Boris RED 5.6
is an integrated 3D titling and visual effects software that launches an easy to use custom interface as a host plug-in, or as standalone software application.
- Includes 200+ filters from BCC and FEC & 1000+ presets
- Real-time Operation
- 3D Text Tools, raster & vector paint system
- Image restoration & retouching
- Motion tracking & stabilization
- Stand-alone render engine
- 2D & 3D Titling & Graphics
- Professional titling and animation tools with 3D extrusions, bevels, materials, lights & more.
- Advanced Type-on and Jitter effects
- Text on a Path
- Automated rolls, crawls, fades, and zooms
- Unique 3D deformers for twisting & bending text
- Import EPS files
- 1000+ free presets included
- Customized User Interface
- RED's custom interface allows editors to create advanced title animations and visual effects from their host applications.
- Launch as a stand alone application OR from your favorite NLE including: Avid Media Composer, Black Magic DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- No import/export necessary. Render directly to your timeline.
- Real Time accelerated performance.
- Integrated tracking, keying and compositing tools.
- 3D Particles & Deformations
- Fast and dynamic particles, 3D camera and lights help make creative motion graphics simple.
- Includes particle filters from BCC and Final Effects.
- 3D particle emitters
- Rain, Snow, Sparks, Comet & Organic Strands
- Image Restoration Tools
- Highest quality image processing filters to help fix, improve and reformat footage. Includes:
- Noise Reduction
- Smooth Tone
- Pixel Fixer
- DV Fixer
- Transitions, Color Correction & Mode
- Over 50 new transition presets ranging from popular swish pan and rack defocus effects to glow dissolves and light wipes. These new transition effects were created using the latest Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete filters.
- Unlimited Keyframing
- 3 Way Color Grading
- User Interface and Workflow Enhancements
- Boris RED 5.6 includes ergonomic, drag-and-drop panels and a curve editor for smooth parameter animation. In addition, many of the included Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete filters include a new Compare Mode feature that lets you compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. In the side-by-side view, you can view the unfiltered and filtered image result in the composite window as changes are made to the image. In the split-screen view, you can drag the wipe bar anywhere across the image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level.
- Support for 64-bit Video Editing Applications
- Boris RED 5.6 adds support for 64-bit video editing applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and CS5, Adobe After Effects CS5.5 and CS5 (Windows), and Sony Vegas Pro v11 and v10.
- 40+ Filters from Final Effects Complete
- Boris RED 5.6 includes 40+ filters from the legendary Final Effects Complete VFX plug-in collection. Newly-added designer effects and transitions include Mr. Smoothie, Ball Action, Bubbles, and Wiggle Edges.
- High-quality Image Restoration Tools
- Smooth and soften skin imperfections and remove jaggies, DV compression artifacts, and unwanted noise from image clips:
- Noise Reduction - The multi-processor accelerated BCC Noise Reduction filter safely removes unwanted video noise and artifacts from image clips while preserving all of the detail contrast in the original image. The filter combines temporal and spatial methods to safely eliminate the unwanted video noise and includes an option for post process image sharpening to further enhance the image result. The built-in compare mode split-screen and wipe function makes setup of the filter an easy and intuitive process.
- Smooth Tone - With the advent of HD image technology, the image result may often be "too sharp". What this means is that certain areas in the image, such as the pores on a subject's skin, may become too prominent. The Smooth Tone filter applies a complex image smoothing-algorithm to these areas in the image but does not affect extreme specular highlights or catch-lights. This results in smoother skin tones while preserving important areas of detail contrast within the image.
- Pixel Fixer - Digital video and still photography, while making it easier to have immediate access to source material, come with some disadvantages versus film source material. One common problem is with the camera's image sensor. Sometimes pixels on the sensor stop working - with the result of "bad" pixels in the image. Instead of clone-painting to remove or disguise the bad pixel in each frame, the BCC Pixel Fixer automates this process. Simply center one of the source points in the filter over the bad pixel and it is removed from every frame in the clip. This fast-to-render filter includes source points to remove up to 10 "bad" pixels per filter instance.
- DV Fixer - This filter uses proprietary algorithms to detect visible aliased diagonal edges that are typically found in DV video clips and then processes the pixels only along these edges to achieve a smooth artifact-free result. The filter is easy to use and features on-screen view modes that enable you to fine-tune the detected jaggy edges prior to performing any image processing.
- New 3D Particle Effects
- BCC Particle Array 3D is an OpenGL-accelerated particle-based 3D generator. It generates a 3D array of particles and offers several interesting ways of manipulating the array based on graph controls, alternate AE layers, fractal noise patterns, random dispersion, and more. The filter includes an integrated Beat Reactor group for creating dynamic animations directly influenced by audio layers.
- BCC Pin Art 3D is an OpenGL-accelerated particle-based 3D generator. Like a 3D-capable LED or halftone type of effect, it can be used to achieve a wide range of both 2D and 3D-looking surfaces.Features such as sophisticated built-in wipes and an integrated Beat Reactor group allow for creating dynamic animations within the filter, including animations directly influenced by audio layers.
- Achieve high-quality SD to HD conversions while minimizing the data loss that is usually associated with resizing media in a host application. The UpRez filter includes several high-end image processing algorithms to enhance the sharpness and smoothness of the final result.
- 3-Way Color Grading
- Boris RED's new 3-Way Color Grade filter gives you a professional color grading process complete with three custom color wheels for pedestal/gamma/gain adjustment. The filter includes built-in masking and keying tools to isolate areas of secondary color correction. Separate color grading can be applied to the inside and outside of a mask, eliminating an extra compositing step.
- Realistic In-Camera Effects
- Lens Blur - The multi-processsor accelerated BCC Lens Blur filter emulates the circular or multi-sided iris shaped highlights that are generated with real camera lenses in areas of the image that are out of focus. This filter includes a pop-up that can be used to match the different looks that can be achieved in the physical world based on the camera lens aperture setting. This pleasing optical result is referred to in photographic terms as Bokeh. The filter includes a Z-Map control group for generating depth-of-field rack focus effects.
- Lens Shape - The multi-processsor accelerated BCC Lens Shape filter to generate stylized image highlights that take their shape from an alternate alpha image source. Like the BCC Lens Blur filter, the BCC Lens Shape filter simulates a lens out of focus effect, but instead of generating iris shaped highlights, the highlights take their shape from the alpha channel input of an alternate image layer. Use the included Z-Depth option to emulate real-world depth of field camera lens effects.
- Lens Transition - The multi-processsor accelerated BCC Lens Transition filter automatically generates a stylized transition between a pair of image clips. The filter applies a lens blur effect to stylize the highlights in both the outgoing and incoming image clips, simulating the look of a camera lens rack focus effect. On-screen controls are provided to control the transition velocity and duration and for control over the lens Bokeh.
- Swish Pan - The BCC Swish Pan transition emulates panning a camera very quickly in a 180 degree arc, creating the look of a fast blur between the outgoing and the incoming clips.
- Stylized Effects
- New stylized, OpenGL-accelerated effects include LED, Damaged TV, Tile Mosaic, Scan Lines, Prism, Lightning, Glare, Glint, Glitter, and Lens Flare.
- Painterly Effects
- Simulate pencil-sketched images, the wash look of a water color painting, a rotoscope toon-animation look, and charcoal drawings.
This Product is Also Known As
In order to work properly, your copy of Boris RED 5.6
requires |Black Magic DaVinci Resolve|Sony Vegas Pro
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
AvidAvid Pro ToolsAvid Pro Tools: everything you need to compose, record, edit, and mix audio, in the studio or in the cloud. Perpetual license with 1-year Support Plan and UpgradesAdd to Cart Product 11017