Get a Quote!
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing.
To see our best price click the button below and one of our Avid experts will send you a customized quote.
Avid Media Composer Software
Floating License (20 Pack)
Includes your first year of Avid Standard Support
For large-scale media enterprise, post-production houses, and educational institutions, Avid
offers floating licensing, enabling you to purchase "packs" of shared licenses to deploy across your entire facility using a single system ID. This enables multiple editors to use Media Composer simultaneously on any number of workstations when licenses are available (not actively in use). Once you close your Media Composer application, the license is automatically returned to the pool of available licenses on the licensing server.
Enjoy easy set-up and administration
Your Avid Media Composer Software Floating License (20 Pack)
purchase comes with easy-to-use Avid
Floating License Server software, which enables you to distribute licenses quickly and easily across your facility—on demand—from a single, centralized server. You can install the server software on any standard Windows-based computer (see the minimum system requirements in Specs)—simply enter your licensing server address into Media Composer during installation and the rest of the process is automatic.
Once installed, you can access the floating license server from any Windows- or Mac-based client system, making administration and management easy—and super convenient when you're physically not in the facility. And when using a disk image to install multiple Media Composer seats across a facility, simply entering the server address once in the image means the licensing process is completely transparent to end users.
Get flexible license access
To obtain a floating license, simply open Media Composer on your network-connected computer, and the software automatically connects to your licensing server and issues an available license in the background. In addition—similar to a library—floating licenses can be "checked out" to individual machines, such as a laptop, when you, an editor, or student needs to work off site or at home. Your administrator simply grants these privileges to the requestor, along with an expiration date. This makes it easy to add freelancers or students on a per-project basis, and have the granted licenses automatically returned at the end of the project.
Save time and money
- By incorporating floating licensing, you can:
- Maximize your investment, as licenses are only consumed when in use and returned to the server when not, enabling additional editors to connect when licenses become available
- Offer the ability to "check out" licenses—ideal for projects that need to be completed on the road or at home for an extended period of time
- Save countless hours of activation, installation, and upgrade time using Avid's Floating License Server software and your existing hardware to establish a single, centralized licensing server—just activate a pack of licenses, tell Media Composer the server address, and the system will automatically request licenses from the server on the internal network
- Save money and gain more operational flexibility over purchasing individual seats of Media Composer that often go unused when a designated editor or system isn't working
- Gain peace of mind, as all licenses are relinquished to the server when Media Composer closes or times out (after a period of inactivity), protecting you from theft.
Educational License Features
Designed to handle high volumes of disparate file-based media, Avid Media Composer Software Floating License (20 Pack) delivers accelerated high-res-to-HD workflows, real-time collaboration, and powerful media management, eliminating time-consuming tasks so you can focus on telling a great story. And now the choice is yours—edit on premises, remotely through the cloud, on demand, through a low-cost subscription, or purchase a license outright—making Media Composer the most versatile and accessible tool for professional creative editorial.
The foundation of creative end-to-end workflows, Avid Media Composer Software offers an open platform to work the way you want with the performance you need: featuring precision editing, seamless interoperability, and robust media management.
- Toggle clips and tracks on and off in the timeline
- Speed up editing with new timeline enhancements
- Expand digital intermediate and multicam workflows
- Stay up to date with the new application manager
- Stay up to date with the new application manager
- Accelerate and automate your workflow
- Edit and collaborate remotely in real time
- Gain total audio control
- Expand your creativity with options
- Full 64-bit power - Fast gets even faster with native 64-bit operation, so even when you layer together the most complex effects, things will still feel snappy. Experience smoother playback, faster rendering performance, and better handling with large bins—and say goodbye to the old memory limitations of 32-bit operating systems.
- Open to anything - You never know what kinds of media, projects, and people will arrive at your desk or doorstep. That's why Media Composer offers open workflows, so you can take on whatever challenge awaits. Work with high-res sources, file-based media, tape, and film. Capture and monitor with your choice of powerful and reliable Avid or third-party interfaces. Accelerate editing with Artist Series control surfaces. Integrate into any professional production pipeline. And collaborate seamlessly with Pro Tools editors.
- Experience the "waitless" workflow - With AMA (Avid Media Access), you can instantly access and edit file-based media—including ARRI ALEXA MXF, RED (EPIC, SCARLET-X, and ONE), AVCHD, ProRes, QuickTime (including footage from HDSLR cameras), XDCAM, P2, Canon XF, and other formats—without transcoding or copying files. Preview footage without the wait. And as new cameras and formats emerge, manufacturers can create and release their own AMA plug-ins independently from a software release.
- Work with any media - File-based media, 2K/4K/5K footage, analog and digital tape, stereoscopic 3D material, film—bring it on. Avid Media Composer Software offers ACE-certified editing tools and a wide range of features, workflows, and options that enable you to work with everything, from old-school media to the latest camera technologies. Plus, you can work in HD from a high-res source without having to transcode or resize files.
- Experience cutting-edge storytelling - It doesn't matter how you learned to edit—Media Composer goes where others leave off, enabling you to work the way you want. Trim and manipulate on the fly using the Smart Tool (see the Smart Tool in action), or perform ultra-precise edits using traditional tools. Mix and match media formats, frame rates, resolutions, and more in the same timeline without rendering (see Mix and Match in action). And edit HD material in real time—in mastering picture quality—using Avid DNxHD or DNxHD 444.
- Edit 3D - Edit stereoscopic 3D material as quickly and easily as you do with standard 2D footage, with a full set of features and workflows. Capture, edit, and manage the complete 3D end-to-end workflow. Mix and match 2D and stereoscopic 3D clips on the same track. Plus, work with full frame and frame-compatible sources, dedicated 3D editing tools, video effects, and more.
- Accelerate performance with Avid hardware - For the fastest capture/edit/monitor/output workflows, pair Avid Media Composer Software with a Media Composer | Nitris DX or Media Composer | Mojo DX video interface and experience hardware-accelerated power that's second to none. You can even customize Nitris DX with up to two Avid DNxHD or AVC-Intra chips to fully support stereoscopic 3D and HD RGB 4:4:4 workflows.
- Work with the hardware you have - Avid Media Composer Software is fully open thanks to Avid Open I/O, so you can work with your choice of powerful and reliable Avid audio and video interfaces or third-party video I/O cards, including those from AJA, Blackmagic Design, Bluefish444, Matrox, and MOTU. Manufacturers can simply create plug-ins using Avid Open I/O to have their hardware work with Media Composer, meaning you'll have even more choices to come.
- Get stock footage and more in the Avid Marketplace - Conveniently browse for stock footage, plug-ins, hardware, and more, right from within Avid Media Composer Software. Search for, preview, and purchase stock footage from T3 Media in context with your project. Shop for plug-ins, software options, and compatible hardware to extend your capabilities. You'll even find training material and other media that'll help perfect your skills.
- Collaborate with everyone, everywhere - Share media, projects, and bins—locally and across the world—to complete projects on time and on budget. With Avid ISIS, you and your team can access the same assets and capture media to the same volume simultaneously, without copying. Collaborate across mixed editing platforms, including Final Cut Pro, through AMA, which supports ProRes encoding (Mac only) and decoding. Share audio mixes with Pro Tools editors—and vice-versa—using AAF. And extend real-time production everywhere with Media Composer | Cloud (formerly Interplay Sphere).
- Gain peace of mind with reliable media management - Whether you work alone or as part of a team, you won't have to worry about losing your assets. Avid Media Composer Software provides you with 20+ years of industry-proven media management innovation, which keeps track of all your projects, assets, source material, rendered files, metadata, and more, so you don't have to. Not only that, you can automate media tasks in the background and track your assets the way you want.
- Everything you need
- Design and dazzle with visual effects - Give your projects that professional polish. Create eye-catching 2D and 3D composites, titles, animation, and effects with Boris Continuum Complete Lite (included with Avid Media Composer Software subscriptions and the Media Composer | Symphony Option). Add visual drama and depth with the built-in 2D and 3D effects, title tools, transitions, keying, and motion effects. Track and stabilize motion. And expand your visual palette with our third-party partners' effects, many of which can be purchased within Avid Media Composer Software through the Avid Marketplace.
- Create studio-quality soundtracks - Make your projects sound as good as they look using the built-in audio recording, editing, and mixing tools (watch the video ). Record and monitor voiceovers, overdubs, and more using select Avid audio interfaces. Edit and mix in up to 7.1 surround sound (watch the video). Polish sounds with the included AAX effects—the same plug-ins that come with Pro Tools. And expand your sound with the industry's best compressors, reverbs, and other sound processing plug-ins, many of which can be purchased within Avid Media Composer Software from the Avid Marketplace.
- Color correct and grade with precision - Save time and maintain the highest quality production with the fully integrated 10-bit color correction toolset. Quickly and accurately match colors from shot to shot using NaturalMatch. Gain better color precision with support for full-quality 4:4:4 HD-RGB color space processing. Get fine control over shots with inimatable color correction. Speed up your color work with Artist Color (watch the video ). And if you need advanced and secondary color tools—plus mastering tools and Boris Continuum Complete Lite—add the the Media Composer | Symphony Option.
- Design and deliver - With Sorenson Squeeze Lite included in Avid Media Composer Software subscriptions (or get the full Sorenson Squeeze in the Media Composer | Production Pack), you can optimize media for the highest-quality playback—online or on disc. Prepare and optimize content in a variety of formats (including HD, DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264, Flash, and 3GPP).
- Say goodbye to tape with AS-02/AS-11 file-based output - With support for AS-02/AS-11 MXF formats through AMA, you can manage multiple versions of the same sequence easily, as the AS-02/AS-11 packs everything into a single bundle without duplicating assets, saving storage space. Seamlessly move content between Avid and other systems that support the formats. Use JPEG 2000, DNxHD, IMX, AVC-Intra, and uncompressed media in your versioning/archive workflow. And because the formats are open industry standards, you'll eliminate time wasted on repackaging content.
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Higher Education Students
You must show evidence of current enrollment at an accredited, government recognized public or private post-secondary/tertiary degree-granting academic institution, or for-profit career/vocational schools that grants degrees and/or certificates, by providing ONE
of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing the student's name, school name, and the current academic term
- A copy of a tuition statement or course bill that includes the school's logo or seal, student name, and the current date/academic year
- An official letter form the registrar of the school, including student name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- A copy of a student schedule including student name, the school name, and the current date/academic term
- Screen captures from school websites may accepted in lieu of official documentation if your name, school name, and valid date are clearly visible (acceptance is at the sole discretion of Avid).
Teachers, Faculty and Staff
You must show evidence of current employment at a government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational school that grants degrees and/or certificates, or school for instrumental instruction/tuition by providing one of the following
- A copy of a faculty or staff paycheck stub that includes employee name and employer (school) name
- An employer's written confirmation on school letterhead or certificate of employment
Anyone purchasing an Institution license of Media Composer | Software on behalf of an Education Institution may be required to provide proof of eligibility. You must show evidence of current employment at a government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational school that grants degrees and/or certificates, or school for instrumental instruction/tuition by providing one of the following:
- A valid email address issued by your institution (i.e., email@example.com)
- Written confirmation on school letterhead naming the school and the individual completing the verification.
Secondary students must show evidence of current enrollment at an accredited, government-recognized public or private secondary school by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a student ID card containing your (the student's) name, school name, and the current academic year
- A copy of a report card, a tuition statement, or a letter from the school administration that confirms your enrollment status (all documentation must contain the school, district, or local authority name, your name, and a date reflecting the current academic year).
Homeschool Teachers or Students
You must show evidence of status as a homeschool teacher by providing one of the following:
- A current copy of a Homeschool Membership Association card
- A current copy of a curriculum receipt
- Any official documentation issued by the local/state government that recognizes your family's intent to homeschool
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought