The Professional's Choice for Creative Editorial . Includes software updates and Standard support
For professional editors and filmmakers who work independently and need advanced editing tools, Avid Media Composer 2019 1-Year Subscription
provides a complete feature set, with up to
video tracks, 64 audio tracks, and unlimited bins, but does not support bin/project sharing, MediaCentral integration, and other collaborative
workflows. Options such as Media Composer | PhraseFind, ScriptSync, Symphony, and NewsCutter are available as add-on subscriptions.
With this Media Composer option you get updates and standard support for a year.
The Professional's Choice for Creative Editorial – Accelerate storytelling with the tools embraced by top movie, television, and broadcast
And power through HD and high-res editing faster and easier than ever.
Key features and benefits
- Deliver your best stories
- There's a reason why more professional moviemakers and television editors use Media Composer than any other video editing
gives you the editing and finishing speed you need to complete projects faster. From its ACE-certified tools and unique timesaving workflows, to
most reliable media management in the biz, Media Composer empowers creative storytelling like no other.
- Edit anything
- SD and HD. 2K through 8K and beyond. Even stereoscopic 3D and HDR. No matter what media you've got, Media Composer welcomes the
range of file/camera formats, codecs, and resolutions, so you can acquire and turn around content faster. Without copying or transcoding media
first. Whether you've got footage in a camera, media drive, smartphone, or video server, bringing your story together is easy.
- Get beauty without the wait
- It's no secret that high-resolution, high frame rate media can put the brakes on any workflow. Media Composer eliminates these
bottlenecks, offering powerful 64-bit performance, groundbreaking Avid DNxHR, AMA, and Avid Resolution Independence technologies, plus background
rendering and transcoding, to keep your media and creativity flowing.
- Gain great efficiency
- Experience the fastest editorial workflows in the industry. Instantly access and edit file-based media without transcoding or copying
media. Build stories with up to 24 video tracks. Preview clips before committing them to a project. Edit multicam projects with ease. Even
non-creative media tasks—such as transcoding, consolidating, and relinking—in the background using Dynamic Media Folders.
- Get reliable media management
- Media Composer keeps track of all projects, source material, rendered files, metadata, and other media for you, so you'll never lose
sight of your assets. Gain peace of mind with over 20 years of industry-proven media management innovation supporting everything you do.
- Design stunning visuals
- Add dramatic flair to your stories with a host of built-in effects, color, and title tools. From creating jaw-dropping VFX, green
composites, motion effects, and transitions, to correcting color, tinting scenes, and designing graphical titles and animations, it's easy to
your projects that professional polish.
- Work in HDR
- With support for a variety of High Dynamic Range (HDR) color specs, profiles, and workflows, Media Composer enables you to color
video and achieve richer, more dramatic imagery, with exceptional detail in the shadows and highlights. It's a fast-growing technology—and
important way to future-proof your valuable content.
- Create studio-quality soundtracks
- Sound is half the picture. With Media Composer, you can make your projects sound as good as they look. Record, edit, and mix up to 64
audio tracks in 7.1 surround. Create groups to mix dialog, Foley, music, and sound effects more easily. And polish soundtracks using the same
quality audio effects and sound processors that come with Pro Tools.
- Expand your creative possibilities
- Don't have the footage or effects you need? Shop the in-app Avid Marketplace—no shoes, shirt, or pants required. Preview stock
in context with your project. Purchase plug-ins, software options, and hardware to extend your capabilities. You'll even find training material
help advance your editing skills.
- Get the Avid hardware advantage
- Looking for the fastest way to capture, monitor, and output high-quality video? Pair Media Composer with an Avid Artist interface and
get the tight integration you need to handle the most demanding workflows—from portable 4K interfaces, to solutions that offer an extensive
I/O or video over IP. You can also use third-party interfaces through Avid Open I/O.
- Extend your workflow
- From finding every clip or take that contains specific words of dialog in seconds, to adding advanced color correction, mastering,
newsroom integration, visual effects, and titling tools, it's easy to extend your workflow by adding one or more Media Composer options.
- Media Composer | PhraseFind Option—Find the right clips fast by typing a word or phrase with this powerful dialog indexing and
Media Composer | ScriptSync Option—Find the best takes in seconds for every line of dialog in the script with this powerful dialog search
- Media Composer | Symphony Option—Add advanced and secondary color correction tools and Universal Mastering to Media Composer
- Media Composer | NewsCutter Option—Integrate with MediaCentral | Newsroom Management, iNEWS, and other ENPS for streamlined
- Media Composer | Production Pack—Complement Media Composer with a bundle of powerful tools to create visual effects, enhance
correct color, and optimize media, including NewBlue Amplify, iZotope Insight, iZotope RX Loudness Control, Sorenson Squeeze Pro, and SpeedLooks