Get a Quote!
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing.
To see our best price click the button below and one of our Avid experts will send you a customized quote.
Avid Media Composer Software
Includes your first year of Avid Standard Support
Designed to handle high volumes of disparate file-based media, Avid Media Composer Software Perpetual License
delivers accelerated high-res-to-HD workflows, real-time collaboration, and powerful media management, eliminating time-consuming tasks so you can focus on telling a great story. And now the choice is yours—edit on premises, remotely through the cloud, on demand, through a low-cost subscription, or purchase a license outright—making Media Composer the most versatile and accessible tool for professional creative editorial.
The foundation of creative end-to-end workflows, Avid Media Composer Software
offers an open platform to work the way you want with the performance you need: featuring precision editing, seamless interoperability, and robust media management.
- Toggle clips and tracks on and off in the timeline
- Speed up editing with new timeline enhancements
- Expand digital intermediate and multicam workflows
- Stay up to date with the new application manager
- Stay up to date with the new application manager
- Accelerate and automate your workflow
- Edit and collaborate remotely in real time
- Gain total audio control
- Expand your creativity with options
- Full 64-bit power - Fast gets even faster with native 64-bit operation, so even when you layer together the most complex effects, things will still feel snappy. Experience smoother playback, faster rendering performance, and better handling with large bins—and say goodbye to the old memory limitations of 32-bit operating systems.
- Open to anything - You never know what kinds of media, projects, and people will arrive at your desk or doorstep. That's why Media Composer offers open workflows, so you can take on whatever challenge awaits. Work with high-res sources, file-based media, tape, and film. Capture and monitor with your choice of powerful and reliable Avid or third-party interfaces. Accelerate editing with Artist Series control surfaces. Integrate into any professional production pipeline. And collaborate seamlessly with Pro Tools editors.
- Experience the "waitless" workflow - With AMA (Avid Media Access), you can instantly access and edit file-based media—including ARRI ALEXA MXF, RED (EPIC, SCARLET-X, and ONE), AVCHD, ProRes, QuickTime (including footage from HDSLR cameras), XDCAM, P2, Canon XF, and other formats—without transcoding or copying files. Preview footage without the wait. And as new cameras and formats emerge, manufacturers can create and release their own AMA plug-ins independently from a software release.
- Work with any media - File-based media, 2K/4K/5K footage, analog and digital tape, stereoscopic 3D material, film—bring it on. Avid Media Composer Software offers ACE-certified editing tools and a wide range of features, workflows, and options that enable you to work with everything, from old-school media to the latest camera technologies. Plus, you can work in HD from a high-res source without having to transcode or resize files.
- Experience cutting-edge storytelling - It doesn't matter how you learned to edit—Media Composer goes where others leave off, enabling you to work the way you want. Trim and manipulate on the fly using the Smart Tool (see the Smart Tool in action), or perform ultra-precise edits using traditional tools. Mix and match media formats, frame rates, resolutions, and more in the same timeline without rendering (see Mix and Match in action). And edit HD material in real time—in mastering picture quality—using Avid DNxHD or DNxHD 444.
- Edit 3D - Edit stereoscopic 3D material as quickly and easily as you do with standard 2D footage, with a full set of features and workflows. Capture, edit, and manage the complete 3D end-to-end workflow. Mix and match 2D and stereoscopic 3D clips on the same track. Plus, work with full frame and frame-compatible sources, dedicated 3D editing tools, video effects, and more.
- Accelerate performance with Avid hardware - For the fastest capture/edit/monitor/output workflows, pair Avid Media Composer Software with a Media Composer | Nitris DX or Media Composer | Mojo DX video interface and experience hardware-accelerated power that's second to none. You can even customize Nitris DX with up to two Avid DNxHD or AVC-Intra chips to fully support stereoscopic 3D and HD RGB 4:4:4 workflows.
- Work with the hardware you have - Avid Media Composer Software is fully open thanks to Avid Open I/O, so you can work with your choice of powerful and reliable Avid audio and video interfaces or third-party video I/O cards, including those from AJA, Blackmagic Design, Bluefish444, Matrox, and MOTU. Manufacturers can simply create plug-ins using Avid Open I/O to have their hardware work with Media Composer, meaning you'll have even more choices to come.
- Get stock footage and more in the Avid Marketplace - Conveniently browse for stock footage, plug-ins, hardware, and more, right from within Avid Media Composer Software. Search for, preview, and purchase stock footage from T3 Media in context with your project. Shop for plug-ins, software options, and compatible hardware to extend your capabilities. You'll even find training material and other media that'll help perfect your skills.
- Collaborate with everyone, everywhere - Share media, projects, and bins—locally and across the world—to complete projects on time and on budget. With Avid ISIS, you and your team can access the same assets and capture media to the same volume simultaneously, without copying. Collaborate across mixed editing platforms, including Final Cut Pro, through AMA, which supports ProRes encoding (Mac only) and decoding. Share audio mixes with Pro Tools editors—and vice-versa—using AAF. And extend real-time production everywhere with Media Composer | Cloud (formerly Interplay Sphere).
- Gain peace of mind with reliable media management - Whether you work alone or as part of a team, you won't have to worry about losing your assets. Avid Media Composer Software provides you with 20+ years of industry-proven media management innovation, which keeps track of all your projects, assets, source material, rendered files, metadata, and more, so you don't have to. Not only that, you can automate media tasks in the background and track your assets the way you want.
- Everything you need
- Design and dazzle with visual effects - Give your projects that professional polish. Create eye-catching 2D and 3D composites, titles, animation, and effects with Boris Continuum Complete Lite (included with Avid Media Composer Software subscriptions and the Media Composer | Symphony Option). Add visual drama and depth with the built-in 2D and 3D effects, title tools, transitions, keying, and motion effects. Track and stabilize motion. And expand your visual palette with our third-party partners' effects, many of which can be purchased within Avid Media Composer Software through the Avid Marketplace.
- Create studio-quality soundtracks - Make your projects sound as good as they look using the built-in audio recording, editing, and mixing tools (watch the video ). Record and monitor voiceovers, overdubs, and more using select Avid audio interfaces. Edit and mix in up to 7.1 surround sound (watch the video). Polish sounds with the included AAX effects—the same plug-ins that come with Pro Tools. And expand your sound with the industry's best compressors, reverbs, and other sound processing plug-ins, many of which can be purchased within Avid Media Composer Software from the Avid Marketplace.
- Color correct and grade with precision - Save time and maintain the highest quality production with the fully integrated 10-bit color correction toolset. Quickly and accurately match colors from shot to shot using NaturalMatch. Gain better color precision with support for full-quality 4:4:4 HD-RGB color space processing. Get fine control over shots with inimatable color correction. Speed up your color work with Artist Color (watch the video ). And if you need advanced and secondary color tools—plus mastering tools and Boris Continuum Complete Lite—add the the Media Composer | Symphony Option.
- Design and deliver - With Sorenson Squeeze Lite included in Avid Media Composer Software subscriptions (or get the full Sorenson Squeeze in the Media Composer | Production Pack), you can optimize media for the highest-quality playback—online or on disc. Prepare and optimize content in a variety of formats (including HD, DVD, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/H.264, Flash, and 3GPP).
- Say goodbye to tape with AS-02/AS-11 file-based output - With support for AS-02/AS-11 MXF formats through AMA, you can manage multiple versions of the same sequence easily, as the AS-02/AS-11 packs everything into a single bundle without duplicating assets, saving storage space. Seamlessly move content between Avid and other systems that support the formats. Use JPEG 2000, DNxHD, IMX, AVC-Intra, and uncompressed media in your versioning/archive workflow. And because the formats are open industry standards, you'll eliminate time wasted on repackaging content.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought