formZ pro 8.5
Educational Student Version
The award-winning general purpose solid and surface modeler for students and faculty.formZ pro 8.5 One Seat (Quantity 1-3)
is an award winning general purpose solid and surface modeler with an extensive set of 2D and 3D form manipulating and sculpting capabilities,
many of which are unique. It is an effective design tool for architects, landscape architects, urban designers, engineers, animators and illustrators,
industrial and interior designers, and all design fields that deal with the articulation of 3D spaces and forms. formZ pro 8.5
is highly responsive to the
needs of mature designers and, at the same time, novices can use it with ease.
formZ pro 8.5
highly interactive graphic interface with associated multiple windows, tear off tool palettes, virtually unlimited and selectively applied
Undo/Redo operations, customizable key shortcuts for all the operations, simultaneously available prepick and postpick modes, and integrated 2D/3D
operations allows you to work in either 2D or directly in 3D space.
A full set of primitives can be generated through graphic or numeric input. Also dynamically generated 3D solids and 2D shapes include rectangles, n-
sided polygons, patterned polygons, circles, ellipses, arcs, free hand line drawings, a variety of splines, and double ("wall") lines.
Spherical objects, that include the complete set of Platonic Solids
, soccer balls, and lathed and geodesic spheres, can be
interactively and through numeric input, and can also be scaled and stretched. A special type of spherical objects, metaballs, can also be generated
and blended to form highly organic shapes.
Terrain models can be generated as true 3D solids, trimmed to the shape of a site, from 2D contour lines. The four available types, mesh,
triangulated mesh, stepped, and triangulated contour models, can be freely combined to model rivers, roads, flat areas, and a variety of other
Objects can be meshed at any level of resolution. Meshes can be moved symmetrically according to a predefined profile, or they can be disturbed
randomly or according to a mathematical formula, such as a wave. Also, deformation operations can be applied to bend and twist meshed objects. Image
based displacements can be used to imprint a shape on both flat and already meshed surfaces.
Advanced rounding can be applied to both facetted and smooth parametric objects. It can be applied to vertices, edges, or both vertices and edges,
including concave vertices and sequences of edges called stitches. Surfaces can also be smoothly blended or fillets can be applied to their lines of
intersection. Draft angles can also be applied to surfaces of solids, to facilitate molding operations.
New in this version
formZ pro 8.5
introduces a new suite of creative design tools to enhance form generation. These tools offer a variety of ways to create new and interesting
forms especially when combined with each other. These tools also work well with many existing formZ pro 8.5
pro tools like subdivision surfaces and deformations
make even more interesting forms. These new tools suite includes:
- The Voronoi diagram tool creates a formation of cells from a set of points.
- The Point Scatter, Surface Scatter, and Volume Scatter tool create formations by distributing copies of objects on or
inside of other objects.
- The Parametric Map tool allows 2D objects to be mapped onto a surface or face of another object.
- The Wrap tool creates a new object from the 3D spatial boundary (or convex hull) of a set of objects or the 2D boundary of a
planar set of points.
- The Delaunay Triangulation tool creates robust triangulated meshes from a set of points on a surface or plane.
The formZ pro 8.5
Layout environment has been migrated to its own app. The new formZ pro 8.5
Layout app includes numerous improvements plus a title block feature
including a library of ready to use title blocks. Commonly used title block text can be auto filled from a user-defined dictionary.
formZ pro 8.5
includes an interface for the Augment reality app. With Augment, you can visualize your formZ pro 8.5
models in real world settings, at real size, in
real time on OS X and Android mobile devices.
The Hidden Line rendering in formZ pro 8.5
has been improved to allow interactive view navigation and can optionally show hidden/back edges as dashed lines.
formZ pro 8.5
- ACIS r25 and (ASAT r25 file format) support for improved smooth modeling.
- Improved display performance for layout files and complex 3D model files.
- Enhancements to the Bend Along Path tool and Align/Distribute tools.
- Improved numeric input.
- New High Quality smoothing export option.
- A variety of improvements and enhancements throughout.
formZ pro 8.5 in a nutshell
- An effective design tool for all the fields that deal with the articulation of 3D forms and spaces,
formZ pro 8.5 facilitates the development and execution of projects from conception to complete detailed structures, animated, and automatically
- Design directly in 3D or in 2D, using numeric or interactive graphic input through either line or smooth shaded drawings (OpenGL),
slipping effortlessly back and forth among drafting, modeling, rendering, and animation.
- Grow a model from simple lines to complex surfaces or to true solids with a few quick clicks.
- Boolean solids to generate complex composite objects.
- Create curved surfaces from a variety of splines, including NURBS and Bezier/Coons patches.
- Dynamically sculpt and reshape objects using a variety of deformations to twist, bulge, or bend them, as you move seamlessly between 2D
and 3D views.
- Resize, stretch, extrude, lathe, sweep, project, unfold, deform, round objects in few simple steps
- Create mechanical or organic forms using metaformz, nurbz, patches, subdivisions, displacements, or skinning.
- Terrain models, Platonic solids, geodesic spheres, double line wall objects, stair cases, helixes, screws, and bolts
are at your fingertips.
- Add as many hierarchical layers as you need and work with floating point precision.
- Refine the design with double precision CAD accuracy to full structural detail for 3D visualization, for the production of 2D
construction drawings, 3D Printing, Rapid prototyping, and CNC milling.
- Scripting and plug-in capabilities allow further customization for individual needs.
- The interface is fully customizable.
- formZ pro 8.5 MovieZ support dynamic methods for transforming and morphing 3D shapes and allow the production of both animated visualizations of
scenes and the capture of 3D shapes as they morph into other forms, introducing modeling methods that explore 3D forms significantly beyond
- Information management of bills of materials and spreadsheet support for construction documents.
- Support for DWG and DXF to facilitate import/export to and from AutoCAD
- Extensive interoperability of formZ pro 8.5 with other complementary applications through 20+ translators.
Educational License Features
AutoDesSys formZ pro 8.5 Educational Student Version
is for faculty and students.
- formZ pro 8.5 does not expire nor have any limitations.
- formZ pro 8.5 may be used in an office environment.
- formZ pro 8.5 becomes a professional licenses upon graduation.
- The license is not transferable.
- formZ pro 8.5 is upgradable - at corresponding price pending academic qualification at time of upgrade.
- Limit one per student or faculty.
- Schools may order multiple licenses to use for educational purposes.
- Academic qualification a pre-requisite.
This Product is Also Known As
formZ Pro Student Version
Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Students, Faculty, Staff & Schools
Proof of academic qualifications may be requested via email at any time during the license period. Failure to provide proof of valid qualification documents will result in the cancellation of the license.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare AutoDesSys versions
|Main Features||formZ Jr||formZ Pro||Pro+RenderZone|
|Full CAD Accuracy|
|Booleans & Roundings|
|Revolves & Sweeps|
|Advanced Features||formZ Jr||formZ Pro||Pro+RenderZone|
|Symbols & Clones|
|Screw & Gears|
|Doors & Windows|
|Insert from 3D Warehouse |
|2D Import/Export||formZ Jr||formZ Pro||Pro+RenderZone|
|BMP, EPS, JPG, PNG, TGA, TIFF|
|Adobe Illustrator 8|
|MacPaint, PICT, SGI Image, TARGA|
|3D Import/Export||formZ Jr||formZ Pro||Pro+RenderZone|
|3ds - 3D Studio files|
|Autodesk DXF & DWG|
|LWO - LightWave Object|
|OBJ - Alias WaveFront|
|SAT - Spacial ACIS|
|W3D - Shockwave 3D|
|STL - Stereolitography|
|SAT - Spatial/ACIS|
|KMZ - Google Earth|
|VRML - Virtual Markup Language|
|RIB - RenderMan Interface Bytestream|
|3DGF & 3DMF|
|Rendering||formZ Jr||formZ Pro||Pro+RenderZone|
|Basic OpenGL Rendering|
|Advanced RealTime OpenGL Rendering|
|LightWorks Advanced rendering|
|Area and Custom light types|
|Optional Modules||formZ Jr||formZ Pro||Pro+RenderZone|
|Re-Engineering Point Cloud|
|Maintenance||formZ Jr||formZ Pro||Pro+RenderZone|
|1 Year Maintenance form·Z|
|formZ Jr||formZ Pro||Pro+RenderZone|