Power tools for mechanical design.
AutoCAD MEP 1-Year Subscription Renewal
software automates drafting tasks, helping to enhance productivity, improve accuracy, and enable smooth integrations of discipline-specific design
and documentation tools. Whether a building project is led by an architect or developed by a team of engineering professionals, AutoCAD MEP
helps design teams
decrease coordination issues, save time spent on repetitive tasks, and deliver projects faster with higher quality documentation.
- Automated Property Set Definitions
- Automatically attach and modify property set definitions.
- Command Line Search | MEP Systems and Styles
- Add existing systems and styles more quickly.
- Project information file backup
- Restore corrupted files with project backup
- Annotation and Unit Scaling
- Objects and text change along with drawing units.
- Display Order by Layer
- Set an order for layers and preview your changes.
- Set to Layer Zero
- Change the layer of drawing entities in one click
- Block Swap
- Make changes to components as your design changes.
- More Accurate Designs
- With constant requests to accommodate last-minute changes, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) professionals need to create and
designs as efficiently as possible. AutoCAD MEP enables users to more easily assess designs, sizing, and system balances with integrated calculators that help
increase accuracy and reduce errors.
- Coordinate Design Information
- Using AutoCAD MEP can help minimize requests for information (RFIs) and costly design changes in the field by providing more accurate and
construction documents. Design systems using real-world parts and equipment, that can be used throughout the fabrication and construction of the
building, help save time and money.
- Effective Collaboration
- Take advantage of architectural and structural plans developed using AutoCAD-based software applications to help extended teams better
coordinate and collaborate with professionals from other disciplines. AutoCAD MEP software helps to decrease interferences prior to construction, which
greater coordination and collaboration and helps reduce risk and inefficiencies.
- Familiar AutoCAD Environment
- AutoCAD MEP is built on AutoCAD software and provides access to all of the familiar commands. That means you can protect your investment in
while taking advantage of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing tools at your own pace.
- Industry-Based or Task-Based Workspaces
- If you work in a multidisciplinary firm and perform several different design tasks, such as both HVAC and piping systems designs,
are particularly useful for saving user interface configurations that are tailored to specific tasks. Once the workspaces are created, it is easier to
switch between them as needed.
- Schematic Design
- Enhanced schematic tool palettes logically group commonly used tools, so users can more easily create riser diagrams and schematic plans.
Properties palette provides a central location for viewing, adding, and modifying the properties of an MEP object or element. Users can review
information or change styles, dimensions, locations, property set data, and other important characteristics as well as change basic properties or the
object itself. Access to equipment parts and the ability to easily modify available equipment and devices help to enhance accuracy and improve
- Fabrication for MEP Contractors
- With smoother integration of fabrication partner tools into AutoCAD MEP software, MEP designers, drafters, and contractors can utilize their
MEP design for the fabrication of sheet metal, plumbing, and piping, making it easier to create shop drawings.
- Single/Double-Line Design
- Automate your workflow by creating construction documents more efficiently with single line for design development, then converting
automatically to double line for construction documents. Lay out mechanical systems in single line with unsized parts early in the design process, and
then use duct-sizing tools and convert the layout to double line. Enhanced sizing tools help to increase drafting productivity when moving from design
- Smart Annotation of Objects
- Annotate once for all scales. Annotative text and symbols automatically change for each view based on the scale. Users can annotate
with labels that consist of text or block definitions. The information in the label comes from object properties, such as connection size.
- Engineering Display Themes
- Typically, manual properties of an object-such as a duct's friction loss or velocity-are not visible in a
drawing. Display themes enables the incorporation of such nongraphical data; colors, fills, or hatches can highlight objects that meet criteria you
established in a display-theme style. For example, check your HVAC design calculations based on friction loss or velocity to assess performance for a
particular area or room. Also use the display theme By Pressure Class to visually show the high, medium, and low pressure per piping class to more
identify potential design flaws.
- Synchronized Schedules
- Designers and drafters can schedule engineering system data, calculate values, and use new table styles to lay out room and analysis
schedules. Schedules are automatically updated as the design changes, which helps to reduce errors and save time. Create schedules as you lay out your
design, and see the schedule populate automatically. It is possible to create schedules with varying levels of detail by defining and attaching sets
properties to object styles or to individual objects and then extracting and displaying the data in a schedule table.
- Seamless Sections and Elevations
- No longer wait until the end of your design process to create sections and elevations; instead, quickly create them at any time. You can
control the size and shape of the section you generate and assign materials to the section for an optimal visual representation of the sectioned
- Drawing Management
- The Drawing Management feature formalizes and automates the processes related to building system
design and documentation. The feature provides automated tools that aid in the management, viewing, and construction of building systems. When project
files are managed with this feature, you have greater consistency in all aspects of the
project, and everyone on the design team has a centralized project environment for accessing the most current documents. Powerful linking features
ensure that source files are distributed over many different locations on a computer or on a network, so different people can work simultaneously on