Model-based GIS and mapping software
With powerful, open-source FDO
technology, AutoCAD Map 3D 2-Year Subscription Renewal
can provide access to data previously locked up in the GIS
department and provides state-of-the-art tools to edit native geospatial data.
- High Resolution (4K) Monitor Support - AutoCAD Map 3D has been enhanced to adapt to the higher display resolutions and pixel densities in Windows. Most user dialogs, palettes and toolbars should be displayed nicely on monitors of 4K and higher.
- Fourth Generation MrSID Image Support - AutoCAD Map 3D 2018 now supports the fourth generation MrSID files. You can add such files through FDO Raster provider, MAPIINSERT or ATTACH.
- PostGIS 2.2 Support - The highest version of PostGIS that AutoCAD Map 3D 2018 can support is now 2.2. Map 3D 2018 can work very well with GIS data that is stored in PostGIS 2.2 installed on PostgreSQL 9.5.
- WFS 2.0 Support - AutoCAD Map 3D 2018 supports WFS 2.0 protocol. A new option '2.0.0' is added to the version drop-down in the FDO WFS Connection dialog.
- Ambercore Point Cloud Removal - AutoCAD Map 3D 2018 has completely removed all features related to Ambercore point cloud. Users can no longer directly add LAS, and XYZ point cloud raw data to Map 3D.
- ArcGIS - Extend the support of FDO ArcGIS Provider to versions 10.3.1 and 10.4.
- Improving Infrastructure
- AutoCAD Map 3D software can provide direct access to data needed for infrastructure planning, design, and management activities. AutoCAD Map 3D helps professionals working on transportation, land development, water, and power projects to more easily create, manage, and analyze design, GIS, and asset data.
- Built on AutoCAD Software
- Because AutoCAD Map 3D software is built on AutoCAD technology, organizations can take full advantage of the extensive CAD-trained workforce to create, edit, and maintain geospatial data. And by using familiar, precision CAD tools, team members can make the most of their AutoCAD expertise.
- More Informed Design
- AutoCAD Map 3D helps organizations to create better designs. AutoCAD Map 3D can provide access to data needed for planning, design, and asset management activities, making it easier for team members to evaluate existing conditions and perform corridor, network, and site analysis.
- Powerful Mapping and Visualization Tools
- Use AutoCAD Map 3D to visualize and evaluate vector, raster, and tabular data in a variety of formats. Better understand the real world by using point cloud functionality to view, style, and create 3D features and surfaces from LIDAR data; and more easily analyze or highlight information such as service areas, zoning districts, land usage, and pipe and cable installation dates with easy-to-use cartographic tools. The result is more professional designs, plans, maps, proposals, and reports.
- More Accurate Map and Geospatial Data Sharing
- Maximize the value of drawings, maps, and geospatial data by publishing them to the web using Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise software, or distributing them as more secure, DWF files that can be viewed and marked up with free Autodesk Design Review software. And Map 3D makes it easier to exchange information with stakeholders in both CAD and GIS data formats.
- Better Manage Data Access
- Open-source Feature Data Objects (FDO) technology can enable AutoCAD Map 3D software to directly access spatial data stored in files and databases, as well as connect to web-based services. As a result, engineering and other departments, including GIS, can more effectively access and share data, such as utility, road, cadastral, topographic, environmental, and image data. With direct access to spatial information in a familiar CAD environment, team members can be confident that the information they depend on is up-to-date, which supports more-informed planning and decision making.
- More Accurate Designs and Data
- Minimize time wasted on imprecise drawings and data. AutoCAD Map 3D makes it easier to integrate field-collected data to more accurately update the system of record, to better reflect as-found locations in the field. Combined with powerful tools to help the cleanup of drafting and digitizing inaccuracies, AutoCAD Map 3D promotes data integrity throughout the design, build, and manage lifecycle.