The World's Leading 2D and 3D CAD Tool
From mechanical design aids to architecture tools to model-based GIS and mapping features, subscribe to AutoCAD software and access industry-
specific toolsets, plus web and mobile apps.
AutoCAD 2-Year Subscription Renewal
now includes industry-specific features and libraries for architecture, mechanical design, electrical design, and more.
- Automate floor plans, sections, elevations, and other drawings.
- Draw piping, plumbing, and ducting for faster design with mechanical tools.
- Design ductwork, electrical conduit, and circuiting for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical with MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing).
- AutoCAD - The original AutoCAD 2D and 3D CAD software provides innovative tools for design and documentation.
- AutoCAD Architecture - Adds features for architectural drawing, documentation, and schedules, and for automating drafting tasks.
- AutoCAD Electrical - Adds electrical design features to help you create, modify, and document electrical controls systems.
- AutoCAD MAP 3D - Incorporate GIS topology with AutoCAD so you can use and maintain CAD and GIS data for planning, design, and data
- AutoCAD Mechanical - Adds a library of standards-based parts and tools to help you create, modify, and document mechanical designs for
- AutoCAD MEP - Adds features to help you draft, design, and document MEP building systems in an AutoCAD environment.
- AutoCAD Plant 3D - Adds features to help you produce P&IDs, and then integrate them into a 3D plant design model.
- AutoCAD Raster Design - Adds raster-to-vector tools to help you convert raster images into DWG objects. Edit scanned drawings in a
familiar AutoCAD environment.
- AutoCAD Mobile App - Take the power of AutoCAD wherever you go.
- DWG compare - Compare and document the differences between 2 versions of a drawing or xref.
- Save to web and mobile - Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on the AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
- 2D graphics - Enjoy 2X faster zoom, pan, and change draw orders and layer properties.
- Shared views - Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.
- AutoCAD web app - Create, edit, view, and share CAD drawings from any device through the browser.
- AutoCAD mobile app - View, create, edit, and share CAD drawings on your mobile device.
- User interface - Experience improved visuals with new flat-design icons and 4K enhancements.
- PDF import - Import geometry, including SHX font files, fills, raster images, and TrueType text, into a drawing from a PDF.
- User interaction
- Ribbon - Access your favorite tools—when you need them—with the AutoCAD ribbon.
- Tool palettes - Easily access frequently used content and tools with customizable tool palettes.
- Command window - Launch commands and respond to prompts via simple keystrokes, right at the command line.
- Object grips - Easily reshape, move, or manipulate geometry with grip editing.
- Workspaces - Save and restore workspaces with customized menus, toolbars, palettes, and ribbons.
- Shortcut menus - Display a shortcut menu for quick access to commands that are relevant to your current activity.
- Object and layer transparency - Control the transparency for selected objects or for all objects on a layer.
- Object selection and isolation - Find and select all objects that match the properties of an object. Hide or unhide the selected
- 2D drafting, drawing, and annotation
- Text settings - Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Dimensions - Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Leaders - Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Centerlines and center marks - Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated
- Tables - Create tables with data and symbols in rows and columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Revision clouds - Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to quickly identify your updates.
- Views - Save views by name to easily return to a specific view for quick reference or for applying to layout viewports.
- Layouts - Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title block, and display multiple views of your model.
- Fields - Use fields in text objects to display text that can be updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Data linking - Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- Data extraction - Extract information from objects, blocks, and attributes, including drawing information.
- Dynamic blocks - Add flexibility and intelligence to your block references, including changing the shape, size, or configuration.
- Arrays - Create and modify objects in circular or rectangular patterns, or along a path.
- Parametric constraints - Apply geometric and dimensional constraints to maintain relationships between drawing geometry.
- Express tools - Extend the power of AutoCAD with a collection of productivity tools.
- 3D modeling and visualization
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling - Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel) - Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to
showcase your design.
- Visual styles - Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- Section planes - Create section planes to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Rendering - Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- Point clouds - Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to use as a starting point for your designs.
- Model documentation - Generate 2D drawings including base, projected, section, and detail views from 3D models.
- Print Studio - Print Studio provides the tools needed to prepare models for supported 3D printers and materials.
- PDF files - Share and reuse data from PDF files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DGN Files - Share and reuse data from DGN files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DWG references - Attach DWG files to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Image references - Attach image files to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Sheet sets - View, access, manage, and plot multiple drawings as sheet sets.
- Model references and import - Attach Navisworks models as underlays to your drawings, and import models from other applications
- Geographic location and online maps - Insert geographic location information into a drawing, and display a map in the drawing from an
online map service.
- Installation and customization
- TrustedDWG technology - TrustedDWG technology alerts you to a possible incompatibility when a file was not last saved by Autodesk
- CUI customization - Customize the user interface to improve accessibility and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
- Secure load - Specify security restrictions for running executables in AutoCAD to help protect against malicious executable code.
- Action recorder - Record commands and input values that can be played back as an action macro.
- Multi-user (network) license sharing - Pool licenses on a server to reduce costs when not all licenses are in use at the same time.
- System variable monitor - Monitor current system variables against a preferred list of values. Notification balloons alert you of
- CAD standards checker - Define and monitor CAD standards to maintain consistent styles for layers, linetypes,
text, and dimensions.
- Application Programming Interface (API) - Control drawings and databases with ActiveX, VBS, AutoLisp, Visual LISP, ObjectARX,
- Autodesk App Store - Customize your software with Autodesk-approved extensions.
- Autodesk desktop app - Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow. View tutorials about new features.