Linux OS Only
3D Character Animation SoftwareMotionBuilder 2017 Digital version
3D character animation software for virtual production helps you to more efficiently manipulate and refine data with greater reliability. Capture, edit, and play back complex character animation in a highly responsive, interactive environment, and work with a display optimized for both animators and directors.
- Real-time 3D engine
- Access one of the industry's fastest animation tools.
- Productivity-geared workflows
- Take on demanding, high-volume projects:
- Support for consumer motion-capture devices
- Re-create elements of real-world cinematography with advanced camera options for Animatable Depth and Follow Focus
- Combine, blend, and layer to block out or previsualize scenes in less time with an additional 100 useful character animations
- Unified nondestructive, nonlinear editing environment
- Live device support and live data recording to disk
- Full-body inverse kinematics character technology with animation retargeting
- Available as a 64-bit executable for the Linux operating system
- Motion capture editing and data cleanup
- Includes production-proven tools to manipulate motion capture data.
- Stereoscopic toolsets
- Capitalize on trends for stereoscopic 3D content.
- Smooth interoperability
- With its software development kit, support for FBX data exchange technology, and Python scripting, MotionBuilder 2017 interoperates with certain products in the Entertainment Creation Suites. Establish live streaming between MotionBuilder 2017 and Maya to send HumanIK characters between applications.
Support & Maintenance
Note: Unlike a stand-alone license of MotionBuilder on a Windows OS, there is no trial period to run a stand-alone license of MotionBuilder on a Linux OS.
Important: Before running MotionBuilder 2016 on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 and CentOS 6.5, you must apply the patches mentioned in https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2013-1836.html and https://access.redhat.com/articles/11258. Otherwise, there may be errors in MotionBuilder such as incorrect orientation of Transport Controls.
Autodesk Authorized Training Centers
Get the greatest return on your software investment, faster, by building your knowledge in the areas you need the most at an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC
). To find an Authorized Training Center in your area please check our list
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought