Get a Quote!
Due to manufacturer's restrictions, we're not allowed to advertise discounted pricing.
To see our best price click the button below and one of our Autodesk experts will send you a customized quote.
AutoCAD Civil 3D
Model in 3D with civil engineering software
Available in both the Premium
editions of Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite, AutoCAD Civil 3D Subscription Renewal
software is a civil engineering design
and documentation solution that supports Building Information Modeling(BIM) workflows. AutoCAD Civil 3D helps civil engineers, drafters, designers, and
technicians better understand project performance and intent, improve and maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to design
changes, all within a familiar AutoCAD environment. Additionally, users can help streamline time-consuming tasks such as survey field to finish,
corridor design, parcel layout, gravity and pressure pipes, and grading with specific tools and customization design standards.
- Survey functionality is fully integrated in AutoCAD Civil 3D, so you have a more consistent environment for all tasks, including direct import of raw
survey data, least-squares adjustment, editing of survey observations, and automated creation of survey figures and surfaces. You can create and edit
survey figure verticals interactively, and identify and edit crossing breaklines to avoid potential issues, resulting in points, survey figures, and
surfaces that can be used throughout the project.
- Surfaces and Grading
- With AutoCAD Civil 3D, you can build surfaces from traditional survey data, such as points and breaklines. Utilize
large data sets from aerial photogrammetry, laser scanning, and digital elevation models by taking advantage of the surface reduction tools. View the
surface as contours or triangles, or create elevation and slope banding analysis. Use surfaces as a reference for creating intelligent objects that
maintain dynamic relationships to the source data. Team members can use the powerful daylighting and grade projection tools to generate surface models
for any type of grading projection.
- Parcel Layout
- The software enables you to generate parcels by converting existing AutoCAD entities or by using more flexible layout tools to
automate the process. A change to one parcel is automatically reflected in neighboring parcels. Advanced layout tools include options for measuring
frontage at an offset and laying out parcels by minimum depth and width.
- Corridor Modeling
- Corridor modeling combines horizontal and vertical geometry with customizable cross sectional components to create a parametrically
dynamic 3D model of roads and other transportation systems. Use the included subassemblies-ranging from travel lanes, sidewalks, and ditches to complex
lane components-or create your own based on a design standard. The model can be easily modified via visual interaction or by changing input parameters
that define the roadway typical section. Unique characteristics of each sub-assembly allow the 3D model to target known features.
- Use rules-based tools to lay out sanitary and storm drainage systems. Break or join existing pipe networks or make changes to pipe networks
and structures using graphical or numerical input and conduct interference checks. Plot and complete final drafting of the pipe network in plan,
and section views, and share pipe network information, such as material and size, with external analysis applications.
- Earthwork Calculations
- The software enables you to more quickly process earth volumes between your existing and proposed surfaces using composite volume or
end area methods. Generate mass haul diagrams for analyzing the distance over which cut and fill can balance, the amount of material to be moved, the
direction of movement, and the identification of borrow pits and dump sites.
- Criteria-Based Geometric Design
- More quickly lay out plan and profile alignment geometry with design criteria based on government standards or customized for
Design constraints alert users when standards violations occur, providing immediate feedback so necessary modifications can be made.
- Purpose-Built Tools for Road and Highway Design
- Transportation-specific design tools offer a more efficient way to design roads and highways. Build interactive intersection models that
dynamically update. Focus on optimizing the design and know the production drawings and annotations stay up to date. Lay out roundabouts more quickly,
including signage and striping, based on common design standards.
- Quantity Takeoff Analysis
- Extract material quantities from corridor models, or assign material types to lightposts, landscaping, and more. Run reports, or utilize
built-in pay item lists to help generate bid-ready contract documents. Make better decisions about the cost of the project earlier in the design
with more accurate quantity takeoff tools. By intelligently connecting design and documentation, AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you boost productivity and deliver higher-
quality designs and construction documentation. AutoCAD Civil 3D's styles-based drafting helps reduce errors and promotes documentation consistency.
- Production Drafting
- Automatically generate production plans such as fully annotated section sheets, profiles, grading plans, and more. Most important, drafting
can be generated across multiple drawings by using xrefs and data shortcuts. The result is a workflow that enables production sheets to use a single
instance of the model. And if the model changes, you can more quickly synchronize all production sheets to reflect the update.
- Plan Production
- Comprehensive tools assist with the layout of cross section and plan and profile sheets. Fully integrated with the AutoCAD software's Sheet
Set Manager, the Plans Production wizard automates the layout of sheets and matchlines along alignments, and generates plan and profile sheets based on
the layout. The finished product is a series of drawing sheets ready for final annotation and plotting. The map books functionality lays out sheets
across your project while generating key maps and legends for your entire sheet set. This capability is ideal for laying out utility maps and grading
- The software's annotation is derived directly from design objects or through external references, and updates automatically when the design
changes. It also automatically responds to changes in drawing scale and view orientation, so labels update instantly when the plot scale is changed or
rotated within different viewports.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D software provides more flexible, real-time, and extensible report generation. Because the data is derived directly from the model,
reports can more easily be updated, providing quicker feedback as design changes are made.
- Drafting Styles and Standards
- AutoCAD Civil 3D provides country-specific CAD styles to control many aspects of drawing display. Colors, linetypes, contour increments, labeling, and
much more are fully controlled by styles.
- Data Shortcuts and References
- With data shortcuts and xrefs, project members can share model data such as surfaces, alignments, and pipes, working off the same instance
a design object for multiple design tasks. Annotation can also be generated from the data shortcuts or directly through an xref to help production
drafting remain in sync.
- Advanced Data Management
- For companies looking for advanced data management, the addition of Autodesk Vault technology enhances data shortcut functionality
with advanced change management, version control, user permissions, and archive control.
- Design Review
- Today, the engineering process is more complex than ever. Design review often involves team members who are not CAD software users yet are
vital to the project. Publishing to DWF file format enables you to digitally extend design review to your team.
- Multi-discipline Coordination
- Import Autodesk Revit Architecture building shells into AutoCAD Civil 3D to use information such as utility connection points, roof areas, and
building entrances directly from architects. Similarly, transportation design engineers can pass information such as profiles, alignments, and surfaces
directly to the structural engineers, to assist in the layout of bridges, box culverts, and other transportation structures in Autodesk Revit Structure
software. AutoCAD Civil 3D software's integrated analysis and visualization tools help you evaluate what-if scenarios, so you can realize innovative designs faster.
- Stormwater Analysis and Simulation
- Design and analyze stormwater systems with integrated simulation tools for collection systems, ponds, and culverts. Help reduce post-
development runoff, and prepare reports to support sustainability requirements for stormwater quantity and quality. Evaluate more design alternatives,
including innovative green best management practices to create a more environmentally sensitive and visually appealing design. Prepare more accurate
construction documents, including hydraulic and energy grade lines, to assist in evaluating the design and helping to ensure public safety.
- Geospatial Analysis and Mapping
- AutoCAD Civil 3D includes geospatial analysis and mapping capabilities to support engineering-based workflows. Analyze spatial relationships between
drawing objects. Extract or create new information by overlaying two or more topologies. Create and use buffers to select features within the specified
buffer distance of other features. Use publicly available geospatial information to assist with site selection and better understand design constraints
at the proposal stage of a project. Generate robust mapping exhibits to help meet requirements for sustainable design.
- Point Clouds
- Create point clouds in AutoCAD Civil 3D using data from LIDAR. Import and visualize point cloud information; stylize point data based on LAS
classifications, RGB, elevation, and intensity; and use data to create surfaces, perform site surveys, and digitize as-built features for civil
engineering design projects.
- Sustainable Design
- AutoCAD Civil 3D can help to make civil engineering projects more sustainable. By combining the robust model of the site conditions and design
with the powerful ability to evaluate alternatives, you can consider more innovative and environmentally sensitive designs. AutoCAD Civil 3D includes tools to
with many aspects of recognized sustainability initiatives, such as LEED, by providing analysis to study linkage, project
orientation, stormwater management alternatives, and more.
- AutoCAD Platform
- AutoCAD Civil 3D is built on the AutoCAD platform, one of the world's leading CAD programs. Leverage the millions of professionally trained
AutoCAD users worldwide to share and complete projects faster. AutoCAD's DWG file format enables you to save and share files with
confidence. DWG technology from Autodesk is the more accurate, and reliable way to store and share design data.
- Create more powerful visualizations that give stakeholders an opportunity to better envisage the project before it is built. Produce
visualizations directly from the model for several design alternatives to help better understand the impact of the design on the community and the
surrounding environment. Publish the model to Google Earth mapping service for even greater understanding of the project in context. Make near
photorealistic renderings of your models using Autodesk 3ds Max Design. Simulations using the AutoCAD Civil 3D model can be created in Autodesk
NavisWorks, which can help project stakeholders better understand how the project will look and perform once built.
- 64-bit support
- AutoCAD Civil 3D supports 64-bit operating systems, enabling the software to handle larger projects and improving performance and stability for memory-
Autodesk Authorized Training Centers
Get the greatest return on your software investment, faster, by building your knowledge in the areas you need the most at an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC
). To find an Authorized Training Center in your area please check our list
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare AutoCAD versions
|User Interface||AutoCAD LT||AutoCAD|
|Quick Access Toolbar|
|Block Test Window|
|Block Properties Table|
|Layer Properties per Viewport|
|Linking Tables with Microsoft Excel|
|Extract Attributes to a Text File|
|Constraint Parameters in Dynamic Blocks|
|Data Extraction to Tables|
|Conceptual Design & Tooling||AutoCAD LT||AutoCAD|
|3D Solids(Create and Edit)|
|Dynamic User Coordinate System (UCS)|
|Work in Perspective View|
|Flatten 3D Geometry into 2D|
|Display Modes (Visual Styles, Transparency, Edge Effects)|
|Shaded/Rendered Plotted Output|
|Autodesk Impression (Subscription Only)|
|Support for CUI Customization|
|Support for LISP Applications|
|Support for ObjectARX (C++, C#, and VB .NET)|
|Autodesk Buzzsaw Integration|
|Create Transmittal Sets|
|Digital Signatures and Passwords|
|Manage DWF Markups|
|Save as AutoCAD Release 14 DWG File|
|Publish to a Multisheet DWF File|
|Publish to a Multisheet PDF File|
|Publish to a Plotter|
|Publish a Web Page|
|Publish a 3D DWF File|
|Print to an STL File (for 3D printing)|
|Overlay or Attach a DWG File|
|Use DGN, DWF, or PDF File as an Underlay|
|Clip an External Reference|
|Notification of Changes to External References|
|Software Management||AutoCAD LT||AutoCAD|
|Migrate Customized Settings|
|Portable License Utility|
|Autodesk Product Manager|
|CAD Standards Tools|
|Support for Multiple Profiles|