Proof of Academic Status Requirements
Research, Charitable & Retired Licensing (RCR)
This special-use software license of any of Ashlar's CAD or 3D modeling programs is for:
Non-profit academic institutions with professors and paid graduate students doing CIVILIAN research;
- Academic institutions using the software internally, such as maintenance engineers employed by a university using for facilities management;
- Other charitable and non-profit organizations such as hospitals, churches and arts organizations including museums and theaters;
- Individuals who are FULLY retired from all gainful employment, over 65 years old, and doing non-commercial design work only
The order must must be accompanied by the following:
Please note researchers and developers working for a military industrial complex such as many national labs governed by large universities do not qualify
- A signed RCR pre-ship agreement for each end user;
- Charitable and non-profit organizations (i.e. hospitals, churches, and arts organizations including theaters and museums) must provide proof of non-profit status, such as a 501c3 form from the Internal Revenue Service.
Student & Teacher Unit Licensing (STU)
Teachers using Ashlar software to teach design and their students must provide the following:
All STU licenses are activated with a registration code that expires 1
year from date of rental purchase. Active STU users must verify their
eligibility each time they purchase or renew their rental.
Sending the Proof
Information regarding where to send your Proof of Educational Status will be automatically e-mailed to you upon receipt of your order. You can also check our Educational Orders FAQ
Novedge does not provide technical support for educational versions of the software. If you need technical support please refer to the manufacturer website for additional information.