KOMPAS-3D V17 3 Months License
is a professional computer-aided design system for mechanical engineers with powerful functions for the 3D and 2D design process, along with
friendly interface, easy to learn features, and flexible collaboration with third-party software.
features more than 100 enhancements that give customers the ability to increase their productivity through faster operations, improved
simplified product development – with fewer errors throughout the design-to-product process.
- Support for 64-bit operating systems
- Improved 3D solid and surface modeling
- Faster view generations
- Enhanced printing
- Better import and export
- Strengthened add-ons
- Support for 64-bit Operating Systems
- KOMPAS-3D V17 now supports 64-bit hardware and operating systems. This means that KOMPAS-3D V17 now accesses as much RAM as is in the computers of users.
larger memory means that they can load and work with larger and more complicated assemblies.
- Improvements to 3D Solid and Surface Modeling
- KOMPAS-3D V17 has the new ability to arbitrarily edit the shapes of faces on bodies and surfaces. After users execute the new Spline Form
selected face transforms into a spline surface, and KOMPAS-3D V17 switches to a special operation mode automatically.
- Faster View Generation
- If the computers of users employ multi-core processors with 8GB or more RAM, then creating and rebuilding associative views runs
to the addition of parallel processing. The Parameters dialog box lets users select the CPU processing method.
- Enhanced Printing
- The Special Print command is useful for printers that support multiple page sizes. For instance, users can now send a multi-page
containing pages of different sizes to a virtual XPS printer. The result is a single XPS file with the size of each page fitting the paper size
- Better Import and Export
- To improve handling of translated models, KOMPAS-3D V17 now has an option to import arcs and polylines from STEP files, as well as to export
objects back to STEP files. To more easily translate models, users can now use the same parameters for importing models from STEP as for
to the same format.
is intended for creating three-dimensional associative models for individual parts and assembly units containing both original and standardized structural elements. The parametric technology allows quickly obtaining models for typical products basing on a once designed prototype. Numerous service functions facilitate solving auxiliary designing and production maintenance problems.
A key feature of KOMPAS-3D V17
is the use of its own mathematical core and parametric technologies developed by ASCON
The basic problem being solved by the system is the modelling of products in order to considerably reduce the period of their designing and launch them into production as fast as possible. These purposes being reached by means of the following features:
- Fast creating of engineering and design documentation, necessary for production output
(assembly drawings, BOM, detail drawings etc.)
- Translating geometry into design applications
- Translating geometry into control-program development kits for NC-controlled equipment
- Creating additional images (for example, for catalog creation, for creating of
illustrations of manuals etc.)
The model export/import tools (KOMPAS-3D
supports IGES, SAT, XT, STEP, VRML formats) provide functioning of complexes containing various CAD/CAM/CAE systems.
The product modelling in KOMPAS-3D V17
can be carried out by various methods, namely: down-top modelling (using finished components), top-down modelling (designing components in the context of a specific design), modelling based on a layout outline drawing (for example, on a kinematic diagram) or a combination of modelling methods. Such ideology provides obtaining easily modifiable associative models.
has a powerful functional for the management of project including several thousand sub-assemblies, parts and standard products. It supports all the capabilities of three-dimensional solid-state modelling that have become a standard for medium-level CAD/CAM designs:
- Boolean operations on typical shape-generating elements
- Creation of surfaces
- Associative setting of elements parameters
- Construction of auxiliary straight lines and planes, spatial curves
(broken lines, splines, various spirals)
- Creation of structural elements, i.e. chamfers, fillets, holes, stiffness elements,
- Special possibilities facilitating the construction of foundry moulds, i.e. pattern draft,
joint lines, cavities according to the part shape (including those with the setting
- Functional for sheet material modelling -- commands for creating of sheet body, bends, holes,
louver, fillets, punching(stamping) and cuttings in sheet body, caps closing, and also for
unwraping of obtained sheet body (including creating associative drawing of unwrapping)
- Creation of any shape-generating arrays and assembly components
- Inserting standards products into the model from a library, generating user
- Component modelling in the context of assembly, relative determination of parts comprising
- Imposition of mating for assembly components (in doing so, a possibility of
automatic imposition of mating considerably increases the rate of assembly creation)
- Detection of the interpenetration of parts
- Special tools to simplify the work with large assemblies
- Possibility of flexible editing of parts and assemblies, including with
- Re-determination of the parameters of any element on any designing stage causing
a re-construction of the whole model