Artlantis Studio 7
is a unique 3D rendering application ideal for quickly and easily creating very high-quality real-time still images, QuickTime
Panoramas and Animations. Ease of use, intuitive interface and powerful controls have made Artlantis must-have rendering software for over 75,000
architecture, design and urban design professionals in more than 80 countries. Artlantis Studio 7
combines the most advanced and efficient features and
realistic simulation of material and lighting.
Artlantis Studio 7
communicate directly with leading CAD Architecture software such as ArchiCAD
Pro, Arc+, with the recent
of the DWF
import formats and updated Autodesk DXF
plug-ins, Artlantis Studio 7
seamlessly interacts with all the leading CAD software: Revit Architecture
, 3ds Max
, CINEMA 4D
, softimage, Poser
, and many more.
- Real-time Preview
- Artlantis's productivity is based on a founding concept: real-time preview. Regardless of the change in the scene settings (materials,
lighting, environment), the preview is updated instantly. You control your work, you confirm your changes, and you run the calculation in high
definition for your final image without wasting time.
- The freedom offered by Artlantis comes from the multitude of viewpoints that you can create, save, and organize. Each viewpoint allows you to
create a real study of your scene: date, a light source change, a camera lens change, an added background — edit and save the combinations
of parameters in your list of viewpoints that are important to you. In order to optimize the display of your project while keeping an eye on your
list views, they appear on the left-hand side of the screen in a fixed position with a refocusing of the preview on the left, or on the fly so
that the preview is not moved!
- Now grouped at the top of the screen, inspectors allow you to set all the parameters associated with shaders, objects, lights, heliodons and
perspectives (perspectives, projected views, panoramas, VR objects and animations). The real backbone of Artlantis is this clear and intuitive
tool bar, allowing you to access — with a minimum of clicks — a maximum of Artlantis features and settings. You can make adjustments,
improvements, and fine-tune your scene and see the results instantly — without taking your eyes off the preview window.
- Using the new media catalog is fast and efficient.Its organization into categories and sub-categories allows you to choose in mere seconds
the right media for your project (Artlantis is delivered with more than 400 media directly usable in your 3D scenes). For better use of your
workspace, the catalog window can be moved independently on your second screen if you use one. In order to satisfy users who want to customize
their catalog with their own media, Artlantis allows you to add custom folders.
- 2D View
- Draw the curved path of a camera, set the height of an object, stitch different iVisit 3D panoramas together… Some tasks are difficult to
perform in perspective. The Artlantis interface is not only ergonomic in 3D visualization, it also is in 2D and offers a "2D view" window to work
in the best conditions.
Artlantis, a stand-alone rendering software, allows you to use models designed with almost all of the 3D applications on the market, without
losing any information.
- Direct Connectivity
- ArchiCAD, Vectorworks and SketchUp, the major Abvent partners in the CAD Architecture world, export directly to Artlantis format. This
link provides more complete and better quality data recovery than by going through a classic exchange format.
- Main Exchange File Formats
- Artlantis imports the most commonly used 3D formats: DXF, DWG, DWF,
FBX or [3DS. It is worth noting that, for 3DS format files, Artlantis recovers certain data such as map textures and
- Use Reference File
- The "Use reference file" function enables the user to make updates to a project in the modeler without losing any of the data already entered
Artlantis, regardless of the exchange format used.
- Export Plug-ins to Artlantis
- To avoid using a standard exchange file format between your modeler and Artlantis and risk losing information, Abvent has developed specific
plugins for ArchiCAD, Vectorworks, , Rhinoceros 5, Autodesk Revit, SketchUp and Arc+, that are freely available on Artlantis.com.
This direct link between your modeler and Artlantis offers a double advantage — send more detailed information while allowing you to
synchronize the updated files.
Shaders & Textures
You can dress each object, surface and detail of a 3D scene with its own material (called a "shader") by simply dragging and dropping from a
you create and populate however you like.
- Atlantis makes using shaders simple and instantaneous. You can instantly dress a material with all attributes of a given shader (tint, color,
opacity, specular reflection, shininess, blur effect, normal mapping, pattern scale and orientation, etc.) by simply dragging the shader of your
from the catalog and dropping it to the desired surface in the scene.
The shader inspector then lets you fine-tune the settings and modify the appearance of the surface using an interface that anyone can use. The
handling, responsiveness and power of the form and texture operators provide quality rendering and are child's play to use.
- Create Shaders
- A new function is available for advanced users, they can now create their own shaders through a complete interface.
- Texture Mapping
- Users can use their own images as materials. You can import your own images by simply dragging and dropping them from the catalog. Then, you
only clone them horizontally and/or vertically to cover the surface you have selected.
- Additional CD-ROMs
- To complement the standard library, there are CD-ROMs with theme collections designed specially for Artlantis by industry partners or
designers. These provide a multitude of materials and textures that you can use for your synthesis images (for Mac and Windows).
Heliodons & Lights
Lighting highlights the objects, just like in the real world. From the low-key lighting of dawn to the glare of midday, from the solitude of a
the backlighting of a bay, Artlantis Studio has all of the light sources (spotlight, bulb, sun, sky) and aerial effects (atmospheres, radiosity,
turbulence, diffraction, halo) needed to compute the most realistic lighting models.
- By simply using a Heliodon and a lighted sky, you can immediately illuminate your exterior and interior scenes without having to go to
preparation needed for multiple artificial lights. Calculation of the radiation dispersion and colored bounce immediately creates a brilliantly
- Real Sky Simulation
- The latest version of Artlantis improves all lightnings conditions. With the addition of a "physical sky", the sun, moon and stars are now
elements that cast light onto the project using global illumination. A range of magnificent clouds are also available : cirrus, cumulonimbus or
add an extra realistic touch to the skies.
- Whether it is created by a spotlight or a point of light, a 2D view window, in constant interaction with the preview window, makes it easy to
position Artlantis lighting effects. The light duplication tools are especially useful when illuminating large scenes (offices, lofts, theaters,
panoramas, etc.). In addition to the immediate realism achieved by simply calculating the sky's or sun's radiosity, the level of sophistication
the possible multiple-source based settings gives you the luxury of more lead-ins for the most complex and varied scenes.
- Automatic Light Adjustment
- Thanks to its new automatic light adjustment feature, Artlantis dynamically balances the lighting levels in your scenes from dawn till
from outside to inside a building, and thus allows you to perform photorealistic four-stars images and animations.
- Neon Shader
- A number of special materials such as Neon shaders, adjustable transparent bodies or colored reflectors instantly contribute to the the
certain scenes where the lighting diffuses through real surfaces.
Artlantis provides a superb object manager that makes it easier to expand a scene layout and make it even more realistic. Whether you are working
vegetation, people, furniture or simple decorative knickknacks, you can manipulate all of these either in 3D or 2D, and make graphic control of
objects dependent on scene-specific factors (such as hierarchy, catchpoint, season). This makes scene layout easier than ever. Artlantis
simplicity also extends to handling catalog elements (shaders, objects, images).
- Objects and Characters
- You need only drag objects to the desired location to insert them into a scene. Their catch points will react based on their characteristic:
how, for example, a floor lamp will always be vertical while a sconce will be positioned perpendicular to the wall.
The texture of objects can be modified either individually or in tandem. Also, the instancing system allows significant reduction in the amount
taken up by duplicated objects.
Objects can be saved freely in Artlantis and can even contain light sources that are reproduced when they are integrated into a scene.
With this new Artlantis Studio version, the new 3D People can now be easily animated.
- 3D Plants and Trees
- Artlantis' 3D plants and vegetation can be used as simple objects, by dragging and dropping them. Moreover, they have an excellent feature of
predefined behavior, such as foliage tint and density, for example, to match the season defined by the Artlantis Studio 7 Heliodon.
- Billboards are special images that the user can drag directly from the catalog to the 3D scene as he wishes.
- Additional CD-ROMs
- CD-ROMs complement the standard library, providing a multitude of materials and textures that you can use for your synthesis images (for Mac
Perspectives & Projected Views
Each projected view, clipping and perspective can be stored independently and recalled from the user-defined list at any time. Every view that is
recalled in this manner will be recalculated with all of the parameters that make up its environment (geographical position, camera placement and
distance, light sources, date and time, foreground and background, etc.) The Batch Render function can be used to calculate these views at any
final rendering, with a single mouse click.
- Storing multiple perspective configurations enables the user to completely analyze lighting variants, seasonal variations or environment
configurations. Long-distance or close-up interior or exterior visualizations will be emphasized by choosing suitable lighting, masks or by
images, hues, colorations or atmospheric effects, etc.
- Projected View and Clipping
- Plane projections and clips can be adjusted in the 6 directions of the bounding box and provide an extremely enlightening tool for presenting
project. These projections and clippings are as easy to use as the current perspectives. They allow scenes to be calculated realistically in
layers or even overlapping cutaway view.
- Insertion into the Site
- When it comes to navigating the red tape of construction permits, there is more need to resort to image retouching software for montages that
often complex and tedious, and too often unsatisfactory. Artlantis Studio 7 lets you integrate the 3D scene into a genuine photograph environment with just a
of the mouse.
The direct combination of object animation and camera displacement allows a complete and scripted exploration of the entire virtual space made
rendering software. The atmosphere effects, the realism of the shaders and evolutionary objects, the script development of the lighting sources
themselves, every component of a scene set in still images can become a subject of exploration and presentation of your project in its entire
environment. In the 2D view, the Edit Path Mode is very useful to create a path. You may want to use it to move either a camera, an object or a
- You can only get transported by how easy it is to define your timeline graphically, to synchronize displacements, to adjust convergences or
effects, luminous illusions, realistic lightnings or seasons simulations.
The automatic recording of QuickTime files, in objects (VR) or in panoramas (Cubic), enables you to create the most concrete interactive files
visit and the communication of your virtual model. Not only much lighter than videos, the QuickTime VR
sequences have the
allow you to make, for instance, an online interactive presentation with the degree of precision and resolution of your choice.
This Product is Also Known As