4955Book: Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual
8th Edition by Jonathan Pickup
$ 72Best Web Price
Available in USA only
Book: Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual
8th Edition by Jonathan Pickup
The Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual by expert Vectorworks trainer Jonathan Pickup is a thorough, project-based training workbook.
Design a project for a mock client with this hands-on manual from expert Vectorworks trainer Jonathan Pickup. Updated for use with Vectorworks Architect 2016
software, Book: Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual 8th Edition by Jonathan Pickup
takes you from opening the program to creating data-rich construction documents. Learn how drawing with objects, rather than lines and arcs, helps you draft more efficiently, as well as how Vectorworks
software enables your BIM workflow.
Recommendations & Tips:
- This tutorial is most effective if used in conjunction with Vectorworks Architect 2016 software
- This tutorial builds upon the information found in the Vectorworks Essentials Tutorial Manual
- Creating and manipulating site models and using them for height-to-boundary analysis
- Walls and wall type library
- Linking stairs between layers, controlling stair graphics, and saving the settings for other projects
- Making a quick model of a project using spaces for bulk and location analysis
- Using annotation tools, title blocks, and the notes database to quickly annotate your plans
Although the example in the manual is a residential project, the principles learned can also be applied to commercial building design.
- Recommendations and Tips:
- This tutorial is most effective if used in conjunction with Vectorworks Essentials Tutorial Manual.
- Measurements for the exercises are shown in both metric and imperial.
- Allow yourself at least a full week to work through the manual.
- This hard-copy workbook comes with a companion DVD that contains exercise files and the entire manual in PDF format.
- View the PDF using an up-to-date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: How to Use this Manual
- New Ways of Drawing
- Vectorworks Architect Workflow
- Step 1 File Setup
- Document Setup
- Text Styles
- Custom Dimension Standard
- Step 2 Property Line
- Step 3 Layer (Model) Setup
- Step 4 Creating the Site Model
- What is a Site Model?
- How does it work?
- What Can You Do with Site Modeling?
- Different Methods of Making a Site Model
- Using a scanned image
- Creating a Layer for the Scanned Image
- Creating the Site Model
- Height in Relation to Boundary
- Step 5 Quick Bulk and Location
- Creating the Lower Floor
- Creating the Upper Floor
- Linking Spaces to the Site Plan
- Step 6 Concept Drawings
- Plan Viewport
- Perspective Viewports
- Step 7 Creating the Walls
- Creating Basement Walls
- Creating Other Wall Styles
- Demolished Walls
- Proposed Walls
- Internal Walls
- Drawing Upper Walls
- Check the Walls on the Site Plan
- Step 8 Creating The Roof
- Existing Roof
- Proposed Roof 1
- Proposed Roof 2
- Fitting Walls to Roof
- Step 9 Developed Design Drawings
- Step 10 Doors and Windows
- Standard Vectorworks Doors and Windows
- Adding New Doors
- Creating Corner Windows
- Creating a Window Schedule
- Editing a Window Schedule
- Updating the Concept Plan
- Step 11 Site Modifiers
- Pads and Grade Limits
- Step 12 Stairs
- Step 13 Annotation
- Standard Title Blocks (Drawing Border)
- Drawing Labels
- Notes, Keynotes, and Callouts
- Step 14 Working Drawings
- Drawing 01 - Site Plan
- Drawing 02 - Foundation Plan
- Drawing 03 - Framing Plan
- Other Drawings
About the Author
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Vectorworks versions
Compare Vectorworks with Renderworks versions