Artlantis Studio 6
Virtual Reality, Animation and Rendering
Artlantis Studio 6
is a unique 3D rendering application ideal for quickly and easily creating very high-quality real-time still images, QuickTime VR
Panoramas and Animations. Ease of use, intuitive interface and powerful controls have made Artlantis must-have rendering software for over 75,000
architecture, design and urban design professionals in more than 80 countries. Artlantis Studio 6
combines the most advanced and efficient features and technologies for
realistic simulation of material and lighting.
Artlantis Studio 6
communicate directly with leading CAD Architecture software such as ArchiCAD
Pro, Arc+, with the recent addition
of the DWF
import formats and updated Autodesk DXF
plug-ins, Artlantis Studio 6
seamlessly interacts with all the leading CAD software: Revit Architecture
, 3ds Max
, VIZ, Maya
, CINEMA 4D
, and many more.
- Real-time Preview in Global Illumination
- Like its predecessor, Artlantis Studio 6 is designed based on the original concept of constant preview window interactivity, with user defined modifications and
settings. The new and improved rendering engine lets you generate accurate radiosity images in real time within the 3D preview window. The final
rendering is consistent with the 3D preview window, giving you a faithful and accurate representation of the high-quality images you’ll produce from your
3D models. The preview image is calculated each time a change is made to the lighting, subject or environment settings, enabling the user to control all
adjustments without losing time. The extremely high speed of its computing engines even provides access, in preview, to the radiosity and raytracing
- Dependent Viewpoints
- Each view of the project can make up a particular study integrating various representations ranging from the calendar date to a light source going
out, or a change in the camera angle.
- Media manipulation is easy and transparent to the user. By simply dragging and dropping, the user can incorporate Shader, Object or Image folders
into catalogs where he can then choose the elements he places into the scene. The same easy drag and drop procedure is used to apply the selected image
or texture to dress an object, place a background or foreground image, add a furniture element or a person.
- Operating Systems
- The Artlantis Studio 6 interface is perfectly compliant with Apple's Guidelines and meets the Microsoft platform standard for Windows.
- Customizing Tools
- To reduce the learning curve even faster, Artlantis Studio 6 lets you configure your graphic windows interface instantly by using the operating system's dedicated
- Navigation Tool
- Compatibility with SpaceNavigator 3D mouse that allows intuitive and powerful 3D navigation.
Artlantis combines the most advanced and efficient functions for realistic simulation of hardware and lighting needed for any 3 dimensional project.
Communicating directly with leading CAD Architecture software (such as ArchiCAD
Pro, Arc+), Artlantis has the
advantage of import functions for the main CAD formats.
- Direct Connectivity
- ArchiCAD, Vectorworks and SketchUp, the major Abvent partners in the CAD Architecture world, export directly to Artlantis format. This direct
link provides more complete and better quality data recovery than by going through a classic exchange format.
- Main Exchange File Formats
- Artlantis imports the most commonly used 3D formats: DXF, DWG, DWF, OBJ,
FBX or [3DS. It is worth noting that, for 3DS format files, Artlantis recovers certain data such as map textures and lights.
- Use Reference File
- The "Use reference file" function enables the user to make updates to a project in the modeler without losing any of the data already entered into
Artlantis, regardless of the exchange format used.
Shaders & Textures
You can dress each object, surface and detail of a 3D scene with its own material (called a "shader") by simply dragging and dropping from a catalog that
you create and populate however you like.
- Atlantis makes using shaders simple and instantaneous. You can instantly dress a material with all attributes of a given shader (tint, color,
opacity, specular reflection, shininess, blur effect, normal mapping, pattern scale and orientation, etc.) by simply dragging the shader of your choice
from the catalog and dropping it to the desired surface in the scene.
The shader inspector then lets you fine-tune the settings and modify the appearance of the surface using an interface that anyone can use. The clear
handling, responsiveness and power of the form and texture operators provide quality rendering and are child's play to use.
- Create Shaders
- A new function is available for advanced users, they can now create their own shaders through a complete interface.
- Texture Mapping
- Users can use their own images as materials. You can import your own images by simply dragging and dropping them from the catalog. Then, you need
only clone them horizontally and/or vertically to cover the surface you have selected.
- Additional CD-ROMs
- To complement the standard library, there are CD-ROMs with theme collections designed specially for Artlantis by industry partners or independent
designers. These provide a multitude of materials and textures that you can use for your synthesis images (for Mac and Windows).
Heliodons & Lights
Lighting highlights the objects, just like in the real world. From the low-key lighting of dawn to the glare of midday, from the solitude of a crypt to
the backlighting of a bay, Artlantis Studio has all of the light sources (spotlight, bulb, sun, sky) and aerial effects (atmospheres, radiosity,
turbulence, diffraction, halo) needed to compute the most realistic lighting models.
- By simply using a Heliodon and a lighted sky, you can immediately illuminate your exterior and interior scenes without having to go to the long
preparation needed for multiple artificial lights. Calculation of the radiation dispersion and colored bounce immediately creates a brilliantly realistic
- Real Sky Simulation
- The latest version of Artlantis improves all lightnings conditions. With the addition of a "physical sky", the sun, moon and stars are now visible
elements that cast light onto the project using global illumination. A range of magnificent clouds are also available : cirrus, cumulonimbus or stratus
add an extra realistic touch to the skies.
- Whether it is created by a spotlight or a point of light, a 2D view window, in constant interaction with the preview window, makes it easy to
position Artlantis lighting effects. The light duplication tools are especially useful when illuminating large scenes (offices, lofts, theaters,
panoramas, etc.). In addition to the immediate realism achieved by simply calculating the sky's or sun's radiosity, the level of sophistication of all of
the possible multiple-source based settings gives you the luxury of more lead-ins for the most complex and varied scenes.
- Automatic Light Adjustment
- Thanks to its new automatic light adjustment feature, Artlantis dynamically balances the lighting levels in your scenes from dawn till sunset, and
from outside to inside a building, and thus allows you to perform photorealistic four-stars images and animations.
- Neon Shader
- A number of special materials such as Neon shaders, adjustable transparent bodies or colored reflectors instantly contribute to the the realism of
certain scenes where the lighting diffuses through real surfaces.
Artlantis provides a superb object manager that makes it easier to expand a scene layout and make it even more realistic. Whether you are working with
vegetation, people, furniture or simple decorative knickknacks, you can manipulate all of these either in 3D or 2D, and make graphic control of these
objects dependent on scene-specific factors (such as hierarchy, catchpoint, season). This makes scene layout easier than ever. Artlantis characteristic
simplicity also extends to handling catalog elements (shaders, objects, images).
- Objects and Characters
- You need only drag objects to the desired location to insert them into a scene. Their catch points will react based on their characteristic: This is
how, for example, a floor lamp will always be vertical while a sconce will be positioned perpendicular to the wall.
The texture of objects can be modified either individually or in tandem. Also, the instancing system allows significant reduction in the amount of memory
taken up by duplicated objects.
Objects can be saved freely in Artlantis and can even contain light sources that are reproduced when they are integrated into a scene.
With this new Artlantis Studio version, the new 3D People can now be easily animated.
- 3D Plants and Trees
- Artlantis' 3D plants and vegetation can be used as simple objects, by dragging and dropping them. Moreover, they have an excellent feature of
predefined behavior, such as foliage tint and density, for example, to match the season defined by the Artlantis Studio 6 Heliodon.
- Billboards are special images that the user can drag directly from the catalog to the 3D scene as he wishes.
- Additional CD-ROMs
- CD-ROMs complement the standard library, providing a multitude of materials and textures that you can use for your synthesis images (for Mac and
Perspectives & Projected Views
Each projected view, clipping and perspective can be stored independently and recalled from the user-defined list at any time. Every view that is
recalled in this manner will be recalculated with all of the parameters that make up its environment (geographical position, camera placement and focal
distance, light sources, date and time, foreground and background, etc.) The Batch Render function can be used to calculate these views at any time, on
final rendering, with a single mouse click.
- Storing multiple perspective configurations enables the user to completely analyze lighting variants, seasonal variations or environment
configurations. Long-distance or close-up interior or exterior visualizations will be emphasized by choosing suitable lighting, masks or by adding
images, hues, colorations or atmospheric effects, etc.
- Projected View and Clipping
- Plane projections and clips can be adjusted in the 6 directions of the bounding box and provide an extremely enlightening tool for presenting a
project. These projections and clippings are as easy to use as the current perspectives. They allow scenes to be calculated realistically in successive
layers or even overlapping cutaway view.
- Insertion into the Site
- When it comes to navigating the red tape of construction permits, there is more need to resort to image retouching software for montages that are so
often complex and tedious, and too often unsatisfactory. Artlantis Studio 6 lets you integrate the 3D scene into a genuine photograph environment with just a few clicks
of the mouse.
The direct combination of object animation and camera displacement allows a complete and scripted exploration of the entire virtual space made with your
rendering software. The atmosphere effects, the realism of the shaders and evolutionary objects, the script development of the lighting sources
themselves, every component of a scene set in still images can become a subject of exploration and presentation of your project in its entire spatial
environment. In the 2D view, the Edit Path Mode is very useful to create a path. You may want to use it to move either a camera, an object or a light
- You can only get transported by how easy it is to define your timeline graphically, to synchronize displacements, to adjust convergences or breaking
effects, luminous illusions, realistic lightnings or seasons simulations.
The automatic recording of QuickTime files, in objects (VR) or in panoramas (Cubic), enables you to create the most concrete interactive files for the
visit and the communication of your virtual model. Not only much lighter than videos, the QuickTime VR
sequences have the benefit to
allow you to make, for instance, an online interactive presentation with the degree of precision and resolution of your choice.
This Product is Also Known As
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare Artlantis versions
Similar Products You Might Consider